XFL - remember this? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

XFL - remember this?

Moderator: Football Moderators

XFL - remember this?

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:05 pm

I watch wrestling quite a bit, and this one site has some funny wrestling stories. Last week they recapped the XFL. Since it has a little bit to do with football, I figured I'd throw in a link. I just love the names!

http://www.wrestlecrap.com/xfl.html
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Shatner8 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:12 pm

LOL, the XFL was so terrible, I watched a couple games and it was basically football played by guys who werent very good. The game was really no different then the NFL, besides the skill of the players
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:24 pm

I watched just about every week of it, but I think I was the only one I knew that was. The quality of football was quite poor which does make you realize why certain people are in the NFL.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:53 pm

I remember being so excited cause I'd be able to watch (hopefully) decent quality football during the NFL offseason. I ended up watching the first 2 weeks or so, then not even caring after that. I was glad to see He Hate Me landed a job in the NFL.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Go Vikes » Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:28 am

KingGhidra wrote:I remember being so excited cause I'd be able to watch (hopefully) decent quality football during the NFL offseason. I ended up watching the first 2 weeks or so, then not even caring after that. I was glad to see He Hate Me landed a job in the NFL.

Now you can watch the AFL on NBC in the offseason. High scoring games and short fields.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deftdelivery » Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:54 pm

Mercer, the link no work-o :~(
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:18 pm

Sorry about that, guys - my fault :-B . That should teach me not to put links in a post. I just didn't want to make a super long post with the entire thing in it. The webmaster updates his site every Friday, so once Friday came around, the link was gone. I e-mailed the webmaster hoping he could get me a transcript of the text. If I do, I'll just copy it into a message.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:48 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Sorry about that, guys - my fault :-B . That should teach me not to put links in a post. I just didn't want to make a super long post with the entire thing in it. The webmaster updates his site every Friday, so once Friday came around, the link was gone. I e-mailed the webmaster hoping he could get me a transcript of the text. If I do, I'll just copy it into a message.

not quite sure what you mean by that but to get a link to say something like "here" is not hard. All you have to do is put tags on it like:
say your like is something like ESPN.com/fantasyfootball/forums or something like that. What you do is you put tags in like:

[url=LINK GOES HERE]here, or whatever you want it to say[/url]

Does that make sense? Dazed showed me by editing my post so it is a little harder to explain.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Canacuna » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:02 pm

Just trying it out...

r0x0rzs0x0rz
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:24 am

It wasn't that I wanted the link to say something, the actual article that was at the link I provided is no longer on the website. He takes it down every Friday to put up a different article. I should have just copied the whole article and put it in a post myself, but I didn't want to make a really long post when I could just link it so everyone could read it themselves. If nothing else, it was a good review of HTML coding, Zimm! ;-D
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to General Talk