Would you trade Moss and Williams for Faulk and Glenn? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Would you trade Moss and Williams for Faulk and Glenn?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Would you trade Moss and Williams for Faulk and Glenn?

Postby leavitator » Thu Sep 05, 2002 2:45 pm

I did, leaving myself RBs of Faulk, Henry, Taylor, and Gary (Start 2), and WRs of Glenn, Boston, Bruce, McCaffrey, and Driver (Start 3). Would you have traded or not?
The Leavitator
leavitator
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby abteam » Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:24 pm

Yes, good trade :)
abteam
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby trombatori » Thu Sep 05, 2002 5:41 pm

In a second. Faulk is the best FF player. Boston, Bruce, & McCaffrey are strong w\o Glenn.
trombatori
Water Boy
Water Boy

good trade now back it up!

Postby peacefrog4629 » Fri Sep 06, 2002 7:41 am

Backup Faulk with Candidate and Taylor with Mack. Don't lose that rb position in the rams high power offense if Faulk should get hurt. Where Faulk can be awesome Candidate can be at least great. As for Taylor, his history of injuries tells you "If you want to take a chance on me you better get some insurance" otherwise trade him and save yourself the headaches. Get these guys early while they're cheap. Maybe for a good receiver if you are lucky. Not backing up your star will make you sick for the rest of the season. even if it costs you 2 for 2 its still a good move .
peacefrog4629
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Destroyrs » Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:36 pm

You made a good trade. ;-D

You lose two high quality guys, but Glenn is a serviceable back-up to your current group of WR's and Faulk is the best. He typically gets gets 8-10 TD's more than Williams and that more than makes up for the difference between Moss and Glenn as most stud receivers get 10+ TD's.
Destroyrs
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:56 pm

ya'll are smikin crack... williams will have a breakout year in miami and moss is moss....tooo late now

Friendliness: %

Postby leavitator » Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:01 pm

Yes, I realize that Moss is Moss...that is part of the reason I made the deal. Who's to say that Moss won't regress to last years behavior again this year? I felt with the rest of my receiving corps as they are, I could take the risk with Glenn (Favre has to throw the ball to somebody, doesn't he?), and get the sure 1500 yard, 20 TD season from Faulk.
The Leavitator
leavitator
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk