First Clarett, now Fitz. Who's next? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

First Clarett, now Fitz. Who's next?

Moderator: Football Moderators

First Clarett, now Fitz. Who's next?

Postby moochman » Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:22 pm

According to Alan Robinson of the AP, Larry Fitzgerald is offically eligible for the NFL draft. Which brings to mind two questions. Where will Fitz go? And will there be any others who opt for the draft?
Somebody help me out here, what is the name of the RB form K State? I thought he looked like he was ready to play in the bigs, and sould take a chance on him before Clarett. Any others you can think of?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bennyboy » Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:32 pm

Personally I think that any team would be crazy to take on Clarett. Although I have heard of teams that are looking to draft him as high as the 2nd round.
bennyboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deftdelivery » Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:47 pm

the RB from K State is Derran(sp?) Sproles I believe...very agile, shifty runner. Fitz is eligible because he's 3 years removed of high school...Clarret went to court over it...Sproles would have to be/do one or the other
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Chopper » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:34 pm

Who's next?

Save a roster spot! There's a guy on my son's 11 and under pee wee team who plays any position on the field. Split end is his specialty, and he's a hell of a pass rusher coming off the edges. His friend's dad's friend is a lawyer, so I expect the NFL will be hearing from them any day.
“The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game. They just ran out of time.”
Vince Lombardi
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby joester » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:35 pm

Im pretty sure that there won't be anymore surprise eligible players this year. We all knew Fitzgerald was going to be eligible, but somehow Clarett convinced a jury that he needed to play to make money or somthing. Fitzgerald will likely go 2nd to the Raiders and Clarett will probably go mid to late 2nd round.
GEAUX SAINTS!!!!
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Shatner8 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:35 pm

Chopper wrote:Who's next?

Save a roster spot! There's a guy on my son's 11 and under pee wee team who plays any position on the field. Split end is his specialty, and he's a hell of a pass rusher coming off the edges. His friend's dad's friend is a lawyer, so I expect the NFL will be hearing from them any day.

LOL, I hope i get him on my fantasy team, he will be a steal ;-D
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby moochman » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:26 pm

Thanks, Sproles is the name, or close to it. If the NFL can't hold up the Clarett decision, whomever else wants to apply for the draft can just declare. If a frosh had a great season and is a dunce, has no interest in going through the college moments, or simply wants to get paid he should give it a try. And the league and the NCAA should stop fooling themselves about the amature student athlete status of the product...err...I mean players and allow them to enter the draft and withdraw anytime before they are chosen without penalty. Let them find out their value and if they're falling to far in the draft, remove themselves on the spot and try to increase their value in college.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby CC » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:44 pm

Yea luckily all the HS kids are using their heads and going to college.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:57 pm

joester wrote:Im pretty sure that there won't be anymore surprise eligible players this year. We all knew Fitzgerald was going to be eligible, but somehow Clarett convinced a jury that he needed to play to make money or somthing. Fitzgerald will likely go 2nd to the Raiders and Clarett will probably go mid to late 2nd round.

I think it's rare underclassmen would be drafted. I think o-linemen would be the most common choice to break the old rule.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:35 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
joester wrote:Im pretty sure that there won't be anymore surprise eligible players this year. We all knew Fitzgerald was going to be eligible, but somehow Clarett convinced a jury that he needed to play to make money or somthing. Fitzgerald will likely go 2nd to the Raiders and Clarett will probably go mid to late 2nd round.

I think it's rare underclassmen would be drafted. I think o-linemen would be the most common choice to break the old rule.

I think the top 10 players that would be ready for the NFL are (in no order):

1. Larry Fitzgerald, Soph. WR
2. Maurice Clarett, Soph. RB
3. Mike Williams, Soph WR
4. Rodrique Wright, Soph. DT
5. Winston Justice, Soph. OT
6. Brad Smith, Soph. QB
7. T.A. McLendon, Soph. RB
8. Justin Blaylock, Redshirt Freshman, OG
9. Frank Gore, Soph. RB (if he was injury-free)
10. Mike Degory, Soph. C
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk