joester wrote:Im pretty sure that there won't be anymore surprise eligible players this year. We all knew Fitzgerald was going to be eligible, but somehow Clarett convinced a jury that he needed to play to make money or somthing. Fitzgerald will likely go 2nd to the Raiders and Clarett will probably go mid to late 2nd round.
I think it's rare underclassmen would be drafted. I think o-linemen would be the most common choice to break the old rule.
I think the top 10 players that would be ready for the NFL are (in no order):
1. Larry Fitzgerald, Soph. WR
2. Maurice Clarett, Soph. RB
3. Mike Williams, Soph WR
4. Rodrique Wright, Soph. DT
5. Winston Justice, Soph. OT
6. Brad Smith, Soph. QB
7. T.A. McLendon, Soph. RB
8. Justin Blaylock, Redshirt Freshman, OG
9. Frank Gore, Soph. RB (if he was injury-free)
10. Mike Degory, Soph. C