First Clarett, now Fitz. Who's next? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

First Clarett, now Fitz. Who's next?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:59 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:
joester wrote:Im pretty sure that there won't be anymore surprise eligible players this year. We all knew Fitzgerald was going to be eligible, but somehow Clarett convinced a jury that he needed to play to make money or somthing. Fitzgerald will likely go 2nd to the Raiders and Clarett will probably go mid to late 2nd round.

I think it's rare underclassmen would be drafted. I think o-linemen would be the most common choice to break the old rule.

I think the top 10 players that would be ready for the NFL are (in no order):

1. Larry Fitzgerald, Soph. WR
2. Maurice Clarett, Soph. RB
3. Mike Williams, Soph WR
4. Rodrique Wright, Soph. DT
5. Winston Justice, Soph. OT
6. Brad Smith, Soph. QB
7. T.A. McLendon, Soph. RB
8. Justin Blaylock, Redshirt Freshman, OG
9. Frank Gore, Soph. RB (if he was injury-free)
10. Mike Degory, Soph. C

What about Marion Barber III? Show a little love man.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby NFLknowitall » Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:39 pm

Acutally, High School Senior Adrian Peterson, (who is rated as a 5 star top athlete RB in the nation) declared last week that he will go play for Oklahoma Sooners. In a statement this weekend he said that he was happy for Clarett and that he will think about the possiblility of going pro at age 18.

This kid is good, real good. I wonder if he has the ba$$s to do it? He said that he thinks he could play in the NFL. Talk about confidence. Smart money says he goes to Okie and plays for Snoops.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Strider » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:26 am

bennyboy wrote:Personally I think that any team would be crazy to take on Clarett. Although I have heard of teams that are looking to draft him as high as the 2nd round.

i agree and i think fitz is ok because he left high school 3 yrs ago and after graduation he went to a military school so thats 3yrs from high school
Strider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Lushcrush » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:25 am

Who's next? Could be Willie Williams, who might be "denied" an opportunity to play at Miami U. The guy sounds like "out of control" might be an understatement.

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1731201
]Here[/url]
^
And as long as my link code is naked to the world, can somebody tell me why is doesn't appear as just the text instead of the whole stinkin string? Thanks ...
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:40 am

Lushcrush wrote:Who's next? Could be Willie Williams, who might be "denied" an opportunity to play at Miami U. The guy sounds like "out of control" might be an understatement.

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1731201
]Here[/url]
^
And as long as my link code is naked to the world, can somebody tell me why is doesn't appear as just the text instead of the whole stinkin string? Thanks ...

Did you check the "Disable BBCode in this post" box?

Friendliness: %

Postby Lushcrush » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:47 am

Nope ... Disable BBCode is not checked. Looks to me like the string should work. And no, Willie Williams has not drenched my keyboard with firefighting foam ...

Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:41 pm

Lushcrush wrote:Who's next? Could be Willie Williams, who might be "denied" an opportunity to play at Miami U. The guy sounds like "out of control" might be an understatement.

Here
^

I'll tell ya why...you had a space between the link and the ]here[/url] part...I fixed it in this post. Notice that it worked. ;-)

You have to have it like this:

[url=link goes here]Here, or whatever you want it to show up as[/url] notice there are no spaces in the whole thing... ;-)
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Lushcrush » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:41 pm

Thanks Zimmy ... now back to the discussion. This link gives one guys view on the door to the NFL being open to high schoolers this year. Is it practical or logical or even safe? I don't think so but legally ... who knows. Anyway, its a good read.

Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moochman » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:27 am

Nice find, Lush.
I feel that there is no legal standing for the NFL to prevent high school grads from being eligible. There are very few who can make it at that age due to the slow physical maturation of most. Look on any college roster and you'll find players playing positions that are different than what they were recruited to play. I remember a player for Michigan who was drafted as a TE and ended as a 0-lineman. He was 6' 210 as a frosh and 6'-4' 275 as a senior.
What I don't understand is the union not stepping in and pushing to allow these special few. That would mean more years as a dues paying member, and that is the bottom line for the players unions.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Previous

Return to Football Talk