Should I Enter the Draft? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Should I Enter the Draft?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should I Enter the Draft?

Postby Canacuna » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:57 pm

NEW YORK -- Want to play in the NFL? It's signup time for high school players and newly eligible college underclassmen.

A day after a federal judge struck down the league's rule limiting the draft to players at least three years out of high school, the NFL set a March 1 deadline for those covered to apply for this year's draft.

As part of the new rules issued Friday to comply with the decision, the newly eligible players must obtain a form from the NFL.

Me: 6'2", 210 lbs. LB/TE/FB.
Pros: Good speed, good hands.
Cons: All pros not up to NFL or college standards.

Maybe if I hire McGahee's agent I could fool all of the NFL teams to try and draft me, eh?

Interesting stuff. I hope the NFL doesn't become the next NBA drafting players on potential alone.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:02 pm

im not sure teams would get past my 5'10", 140 lb stature... but hey, im like a dante hall clone!!! :-D
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:54 pm

I'd be willing to give it a go.
Cons: Classic white athlete with all of the attributes that that entails.
Pros: Good locker room presence. i.e. will bring plenty of beer, provide more than my fair share of humorous moments, and will gladly try to keep reporters, drugs, and women away from the real players. Will also work for Portis-like money without complaint.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Homeless » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:16 am

terpfan wrote:im not sure teams would get past my 5'10", 140 lb stature... but hey, im like a dante hall clone!!! :-D

5'10" worth of bones weighs more than 140lbs :-b
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:31 am

Homeless wrote:
terpfan wrote:im not sure teams would get past my 5'10", 140 lb stature... but hey, im like a dante hall clone!!! :-D

It's entirely possible...I'm 6' 2" and weigh 150 - and two years ago I weighed 142! That's what I weighed when I took the picture on my web page. You can see for yourself. I hunch over pretty bad, so if my shoulders were actually in the correct place, you would see I have very little muscle whatsoever...

http://www.geocities.com/mercerboy
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:07 am

Mercer Boy wrote:
Homeless wrote:It's entirely possible...I'm 6' 2" and weigh 150 - and two years ago I weighed 142! That's what I weighed when I took the picture on my web page. You can see for yourself. I hunch over pretty bad, so if my shoulders were actually in the correct place, you would see I have very little muscle whatsoever...

good lord man!! someone get this kid a biscuit!! 8-o :-b
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Purple_Pride » Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:42 am

Slowkidz wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:
Homeless wrote:It's entirely possible...I'm 6' 2" and weigh 150 - and two years ago I weighed 142! That's what I weighed when I took the picture on my web page. You can see for yourself. I hunch over pretty bad, so if my shoulders were actually in the correct place, you would see I have very little muscle whatsoever...

good lord man!! someone get this kid a biscuit!! 8-o :-b

hahaha that wouldnt be nearly as funny with any word other than biscuit.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:31 pm

im thin... but not sickly looking. former maryland star bball player juan dixon is 5 inches taller than me and only 25 lbs heavier.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:53 pm

Homeless wrote:

I'm 5'10" and only 130 lbs. So it is definately possible. Worse yet I'm a RB! :-)
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk