Brunell = Washington Redskin? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brunell = Washington Redskin?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:46 pm

Canacuna wrote:
Shatner8 wrote:
tonytexastony wrote:The skins problems go deeper than just QB.

Ya, try offensive line

And running back...

And defensive line...

and a good second WR, Gardner sucks...

And...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Go Vikes » Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:48 pm

M_Zimm wrote:
Canacuna wrote:
Shatner8 wrote:

Ya, try offensive line

And running back...

And defensive line...

And...

And possibly losing bailey.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canacuna » Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:50 pm

M_Zimm wrote:
Canacuna wrote:
Shatner8 wrote:

Ya, try offensive line

And running back...

And defensive line...

And...

...And a good TE, Byron Chamberlain sucks.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby terpfan » Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:41 pm

jeez guys... redskin bashing never gets old does it?

we dont need o line. we needed a coach for it. that we have in gibbs and bugel. gardner is a good wr#2. dont be mad just cuz hes not a #2 fantasy wr, hes very solid (even if he drops too many). again the defense has pretty good players everywhere except defensive line (and safety may be suspect) champ will be back. we need... DL, RB, TE, S in that order. a center would be nice too but probably isnt necessary if the line can play together. if we can solidify those 4 positions (at least the first 4) this will be a very talented team.

unfortuntately i dont see qb as a very big need and i really think trading a second rounder for brunell is a stupid move. not that brunell is a bad player, i think he could help this team, and i wouldnt mind having him as a starter, but the price is too high. we only have 4 draft picks total we cant give away a second rounder. we need to get a player at rb or dl at that spot that could possibly come in and start. not to mention his high cap number and WE ALLREADY HAVE A QB. this can only hurt ramseys psyche, i think hes earned the starting job by now. i dont want to see ramsey on the bench and i definately dont want a goddamn qb controversy.

i hope this doesnt happen, but i still do trust gibbs. hard to argue with 3 super bowls... sorry for the long winded answer but i love my skins :-] u should check out the extremeskins.com message board around this time... craaazy.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:16 pm

terpfan wrote:[...](and safety may be suspect) [...]

Understatement of the year. Matt Bowen sucks. Everytime someone broke a long run, he was always the guy getting beat.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:37 pm

Yeah, trading a 2nd rounder for Brunell seems retarded to me...

They'll fill one of those spots in the draft, Sean Taylor and Kellen Winslow could both be playing for the Skins for a long time if either of them are picked.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:57 pm

terpfan wrote:jeez guys... redskin bashing never gets old does it?

we dont need o line. we needed a coach for it. that we have in gibbs and bugel. gardner is a good wr#2. dont be mad just cuz hes not a #2 fantasy wr, hes very solid (even if he drops too many). again the defense has pretty good players everywhere except defensive line (and safety may be suspect) champ will be back. we need... DL, RB, TE, S in that order. a center would be nice too but probably isnt necessary if the line can play together. if we can solidify those 4 positions (at least the first 4) this will be a very talented team.

unfortuntately i dont see qb as a very big need and i really think trading a second rounder for brunell is a stupid move. not that brunell is a bad player, i think he could help this team, and i wouldnt mind having him as a starter, but the price is too high. we only have 4 draft picks total we cant give away a second rounder. we need to get a player at rb or dl at that spot that could possibly come in and start. not to mention his high cap number and WE ALLREADY HAVE A QB. this can only hurt ramseys psyche, i think hes earned the starting job by now. i dont want to see ramsey on the bench and i definately dont want a goddamn qb controversy.

i hope this doesnt happen, but i still do trust gibbs. hard to argue with 3 super bowls... sorry for the long winded answer but i love my skins :-] u should check out the extremeskins.com message board around this time... craaazy.

Hey man, I have always been a closet 'Skins fan. (after the Vikes of course) I at first was open about it but after saying every year for the last five that the Skins could be really good this year I have lost it. I think they have a lot of talent but there are some definite holes. I don't know why on earth they would trade a pick that they could really use to improve their team to replace Ramsey. Ramsey looked very good last year in the time he was healthy. His problem was not him, it was the line. If they can get a good O-lineman he could be a very good QB next year.

I do have to agree with Ghidra though, they really need a new safely...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby TTTBone » Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:55 pm

I've heard Brunell will only go someplace he can start, and he's probably right in demanding this. He's been a competent to great QB for a lot of years, and is only 33 years old. He's been somewhat overlooked because he's played in a QB rich era (Favre, Elway, Young, Marino, Aikman, Manning), and struggled with a couple of injuries. Put him on a team like the Ravens last year, and not only do I think they make the playoffs, they're a contender. I think for a good team, with playoff potential, looking to upgrade at QB, a second round pick for Brunell is a steal.
So, this being said, if Brunell does go to Washington, he will not be going there as a mentor, and I wouldn't be surprised if Ramsey demands to be traded. If Gibbs could somehow manage to keep both, more power to him, but I don't think it's a good idea to have a legit veteran starter, and a legit young starter at QB on your team. QB controversy is just a team killer. Ramsey should start, and Gibbs should look elsewhere for a veteran backup/mentor. Brunell deserves another starting shot, but not in Washington... (Dallas?).
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby zombiez » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:23 pm

actually I think its a great fit for this team.....Brunell is a proven veteran, with what around 9 playing years on that arm??past two he spent resting......this man also has the win mentality, a good fit with Gibbs.....and haveing been given anouther chance to lead a team......I think he will walk with some veteran savy, for the system he will be playing in, he should have a great year......
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Overrated

Postby NFLknowitall » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:44 pm

A second round pick? Why? He is not that good! Are they that desperate? Ramsey has outstanding potential. If Gibbs can win with Rypien then he can win with Ramsey. Look at Brunell's stat's.

1994 Green Bay Packers only played 2 games

1995 traded to Jaguars 10 games played, 2168 yards, 15td's, 7int's, 82.6 rating.

1996 Jaguars 16 games played, 4367 yards, 19td's, 20iint's, 84.0 rating. (Most yards in a year).

1997 Jaguars 14 games, 3281 yards, 18, 7, 91.2.

1998 Jaguars 13 games, 2601 yards, 20, 9, 89.9.

1999 Jaguars 15 games, 3060, 14, 9, 82.0.

2000 Jaguars 16 games, 3640, 20, 14, 84.0.

2001 Jaguars 15 games, 3309, 19, 13, 84.1.

2002 Jaguars 15 games, 2788, 17, 7, 85.7.

2003 Jaguars 3 games, 484, 2, 0, 89.7.

He only threw for over 4,000 yards once back in 1996, and only once over 3,500 yards in 2000. He has never thrown for over 20 td's in a season. Since his knee injury he is no longer mobile. Too me, this just doesn't add up to a 2nd round pick when you already have a guy that can match those stat's in Ramsey.

2003 Ramsey with injury played only 11 games, threw for 2166 yards with 14 td's and 9 int's and a 75.8 QB rating. That looks like a Brunell clone with the stat's. And we all know Ramsey's Coach "Spurrier" sucked and his line did not play well either, not to mention no running game. If Gibbs does this trade then he is making a mistake IMO.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk