5. Green
6. McAllister
7. Alexander
8. Taylor
9. James
10. Williams
11. Faulk
12. Moss

I don't consider any QBs to be top 12 worthy because production from the top 15 QBs does not vary enough to make taking a top tier QB a good idea until like round 3, especially if it means losing out on a stud RB.

Basically, there is only 7 surefire stud RBs this year (Holmes, LT, Lewis, Portis, Green, McAllister, Alexander), and I think you will be at a big disadvantage if you don't get one of them. After those 7, the order of Taylor, James, Williams and Faulk is pretty much interchangeable. I like Taylor the best out of them because of the possibility of the Jags maturing into an a potent offense. I also consider him a little less of an injury risk than Faulk, since he is younger and has surprisingly been healthier the last two years despite his reputation.

Moss is definitely a first round pick, but you could also argue that Stephen Davis could go ahead of him, since Davis and the other 11 backs are the only real proven feature calibre backs going into this year. WR looks very deep this year.
jeru
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bearbelly » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:35 am

You have a good point about the QBs. I think runningbacks will be at a premium. With a MILLION bucks on the line I want to make sure I don't have the kind of draft I did this past season!!! My wife is still bent I signed up, so I need to do well if I ever want to do this again. Thanks for the help!
bearbelly
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby zombiez » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:26 am

bearbelly wrote:You have a good point about the QBs. I think runningbacks will be at a premium. With a MILLION bucks on the line I want to make sure I don't have the kind of draft I did this past season!!! My wife is still bent I signed up, so I need to do well if I ever want to do this again. Thanks for the help!
.......uggghhhh.......this is where you gotta step up and be a man......never ever let your wife dictate football in any way shape or form....
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby fillyfan » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:27 am

She may be mad but you still get to go! Can you call and talk to my wife so I can play too!!!!!
fillyfan
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby CC » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:33 am

1. LT2 - great threat especially in reception leagues
2. Holmes - what can I say?
3. Ahman Green - had a great season almost 1900 and 20 TDs
4. Portis - stud back, but injury prone
5. McAllister - look for an even better year this year
6. J. Lewis - look for yards and TDs to drop
7. Ricky - will bounce back from disappointing season
8. Alexander - only runs hard at the goalline, overrated
9. James - if he plays the whole season he might move up
10. Moss - fantastic season last year, could be even better
11. Taylor - will get the TDs this season
12. Harrison - he still has a lot left in him

Just missed:
Barlow
Faulk
Holt
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tonytexastony » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:31 pm

Where is this so called million dollar fantasy league?

Did Hearst retire? If not I would not rate Barlow so high.
tonytexastony
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby NittanyLions » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:50 pm

tonytexastony wrote:Where is this so called million dollar fantasy league?

Check the classifieds.
and hearst is leaving due to FA, he didn't retire. And Barlow is going to start in SF soley (barring a weird event), and shows much promise.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Buckychudd » Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:42 pm

NittanyLions wrote:

Check the classifieds.
and hearst is leaving due to FA, he didn't retire. And Barlow is going to start in SF soley (barring a weird event), and shows much promise.

Oh please! This guy under this and various other names has been pushing the "Million Dollar" league for a week now.....don't help him advertise it.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:54 pm

NittanyLions wrote:

Check the classifieds.

Hearst is under contract through the 2007 season. It's either cut or trade for him. Barlow is a RFA this offseason.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:19 am

Not to pee in anyone's wheaties but this thread is an exercise in futility. We all know that Holmes, LT, Ahman, Portis, McAllister, Lewis, and Alexander are most likely going to go 1-7 and a good argument could be made for them to go in that order. There's no analyzing needed to be done here.

We also know that Moss, Harrison, Holt, and TO start to go in the early to middle double digit picks. We also know that Edge, Ricky, Taylor, and Faulk begin the next tier of backs. If we said list your top 30 as of right now, you could probably count on a certain 20-25 guys being in everyone's top 30. We know all this stuff.

What we need to talk about is what next? When do I take Barlow, Rudi, or DD? Will Boldin have a similar year? Can I afford to take Gonzo or Shockey earlier and pick up Fitzgerald later, hoping he has a Moss like rookie year. When can I expect Steve Smith to leave the board? Am i better off letting the premier QBs fly off the board while I add depth to my RB and WR position or is there a certain point when I am forced to take Manning or Culpepper?

These are the things that need to be discussed, not should LT or Holmes be first.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk