Best off season acquisition - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best off season acquisition

Moderator: Football Moderators

Best off season acquisition

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:21 am

so far,,,,,,,,,,,,Now I know most will say Joe Gibbs,,simply because of the HISTORY behind him,,,but take away the obvious is like asking who is the greatest hockey player of all time,,,so with this in mind who was it the best pick up so far????
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:42 am

OK, call me crazy, but I don't think Gibbs will do that great in Washington. He's been away from the game too long. The times have changed too much for him to continue where he left off.
I feel the best so far is Dennis Green in Arizona. When was the last time the Cards had a coach that was something. He could be the one that makes them a contender, just like he was in Minnesota. I don't think he makes them Super Bowl contenders, but he will make the NFC west that much harder.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Strider » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:55 am

dennis green is an ok coach take it from a viking fan he cannot control the team remember his last year Carter was yellen at his teammates.....
Strider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:36 am

dennis green is an ok coach take it from a viking fan he cannot control the team remember his last year Carter was yellen at his teammates.....

So are you saying is that he isn't a good coach, that the team was soo good, they were winning witha bad coach? :-?
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby DUKE » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:11 am

Since there really haven't been many impacts so far; other than Gibbs, I'd give it to Green too. The team will have some offensive weapons for Green to fine tune. That will probably change once free agency heats up......(can't wait :-o )
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Lushcrush » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:21 am

My favorite so far is the Fins promoting former running back Bernie Parmalee to running backs coach. Hey, I'm a Dolphin fan and always liked Bernie. He was a great 3rd down/special teams player. Hopefully he will be able to help Rickey endure while carring the load in the Miami backfield.
Never liked Green and can't pick Gibbs so yeah ... Bernie Parmelee. ;-D
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Lushcrush » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:24 am

[quote="DUKE" The team will have some offensive weapons for Green to fine tune. That will probably change once free agency heats up......(can't wait :-o )[/quote]
He released Blake today. Let the fine tuning begin ... :-B
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:55 pm

the steelers announcement that they will release dewayne washington and zeroue...no one respects how bad these guys have been recently...this is very good finally...oh and the fact cowher said they would adress the RB issue this year (he said they didnt pay much attention to it last year actually)
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:00 pm

Right now I'd have to say Joe Gibbs. His arrival has energizes an entire organization.

But whoever gets T.O. might be the winner before it's all said and done.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:29 pm

with all my steelers bias aside:
Gibbs was a nice one to give hope back to the org...although this move could make or break the confidence within their coaching hirings. although dropping ramsey may be bad...
I dont mind the Giants hiring either since they havent been playoff contenders lately and coughlin did well in jacksonville. One of these two was the best overall so far.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk