49'ers will likely need to tag Peterson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to San Francisco 49ers

49'ers will likely need to tag Peterson

Moderator: Football Moderators

49'ers will likely need to tag Peterson

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:26 pm

There was some hope that the 49er's could sign Peterson, then tag Owens and get something meaningful for him through a trade. According to this article, looks like that won't happen:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2004/02/10/SPGIS4SHHN1.DTL
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Shatner8 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:45 pm

O, man thats not good news.. :-t
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:10 pm

Shatner8 wrote:O, man thats not good news.. :-t

no its not...and the 49ers are my..1..2..3..4..5....maybe 10th favorite team :-?

though i feel for you: :~(
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:59 pm

Not to mention the article also says Plummer and Streets are probably gone too. Unless they replace Plummer via free agency, losing him would really hurt.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Shatner8 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:07 pm

Wow, who is going to play WR for the 49ers??? This is going to be terrible
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:01 pm

9er Fan wrote:Not to mention the article also says Plummer and Streets are probably gone too. Unless they replace Plummer via free agency, losing him would really hurt.

and shatner knows how i picked streets inthe draft...oh well this was my first real draft...though a rookies this past year...my drafts were terrible, but somehow i pulled out for 2nd in ftball, 3rd in bball and hockey...so dont worry i make the right in-season moves ;-D
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:02 pm

are they thinking about going with brandon lloyd and that one young WR i saw they were impressed with...cant remember his name but it was a little weird i think....
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Shatner8 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:12 pm

Cedrick Wilson will be their #1 WR now........this is crazy
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:14 pm

are they thinking about going with brandon lloyd and that one young WR i saw they were impressed with...cant remember his name but it was a little weird i think....

Arnaz Battle. They also have Cedric Wilson and there has been speculation (from draft gurus, not from within the organization) that they could draft Reggie Williams with their 1st round pick.

If they find a way to keep Peterson, Plummer (or replace him with a comparable FA), and Barlow (RFA), then draft either a DT or WR in the first round, I'd be happy at this point.

Garcia can stay or go as far as I'm concerned, although he'll probably take a pay cut and stay.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:24 pm

9er Fan wrote:

Arnaz Battle. They also have Cedric Wilson and there has been speculation (from draft gurus, not from within the organization) that they could draft Reggie Williams with their 1st round pick.

thats it! that was bothering me. i didnt know they had cedric wilson...i think when you hit a cap problem like theirs they need to try some youth players...barlow would be a good one...battle would make a good #3 WR if they dont draft a WR and put wilsonat 1 and lloyd @2...
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to San Francisco 49ers