some predictions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

some predictions

Moderator: Football Moderators

some predictions

Postby bungle613 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:58 pm

personal predictions for me is this...

1) Dillon will be in Washington. I don't think Parcells wants anything to do with him. Snyder is stupid enough to toss the cash at him. JOe Gibbs will not be running the skins, he will be coaching. The little rat child will get what he wants and the skins will be a disaster for years.
2) Duce will go to Chicago and be a disaster. Anthony Thomas is a quality rb and I think more talent and upside than Duce.
3) Brunnell will go to Dallas and be a decent starter. Carter is not an NFL qb. Brunnell wants to start. If they trade him it will be under the condition he signs a copntract with the new team at least guaranteeing a shot at starting.
4) Dallas will make an offer for a RB who is right now a #2. Don't want to say who because I am in the middle of a draft and want him. Most of my opponents are regulars here. They will get him.
5) NO way Philly touches Owens or Keyshawn. Same with Balt. Owens will probably go to Atlanta and be a star. Keyshawn... maybe the Raiders. Really not sure but Davis is carzy enought o do it.
6) NE will draft a RB and hope. They have no loot. Cutting Smith helped but they still have a bit of work to do.
7) I wouldn't rule out the rumour of Pitt trading Plax for Larry Johnson. Pitt has some Wr's and no running backs. They are planning on bringing in alot of backs and Johnson has potential if he can learn to block.
8) Warner... who cares!

allright... now everyone argue.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: some predictions

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:27 pm

bungle613 wrote:4) Dallas will make an offer for a RB who is right now a #2. Don't want to say who because I am in the middle of a draft and want him. Most of my opponents are regulars here. They will get him.

I've considered Correll Buckhalter for Dallas more than once.

6) NE will draft a RB and hope. They have no loot. Cutting Smith helped but they still have a bit of work to do.

According to ESPN.com they are $399,000 over the cap. Not a ton of money.

Also, the $3M that New England saved when they cut Lawyer Milloy will be carried over to the 2004 salary cap due to a loophole. They aren't bad off at all.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Canacuna » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:46 pm

bungle613 wrote:personal predictions for me is this...

2) Duce will go to Chicago and be a disaster. Anthony Thomas is a quality rb and I think more talent and upside than Duce.

allright... now everyone argue.

Anthony Thomas = Bad.
Duce Staley = Less Bad.

I think that Lovie Smith could use someone like Duce Staley with the offense he's looking to run. I've never really been a fan of Duce's, but with the right system, I think he could be really good.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:50 pm

duce is better than thomas. he has had some big seasons, big games. And even this season, maybe the overall numbers weren;t there, but he has a knack for the big play and big first down etc. a lot more heart than thomas.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Shatner8 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:53 pm

eaglesrule wrote:duce is better than thomas. he has had some big seasons, big games. And even this season, maybe the overall numbers weren;t there, but he has a knack for the big play and big first down etc. a lot more heart than thomas.

That doesnt mean the same thing coming from an eagles fan........kindof Biased
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:56 pm

bungle613 wrote:personal predictions for me is this...

3) Brunnell will go to Dallas and be a decent starter. Carter is not an NFL qb. Brunnell wants to start. If they trade him it will be under the condition he signs a copntract with the new team at least guaranteeing a shot at starting.
5) NO way Philly touches Owens or Keyshawn. Same with Balt. Owens will probably go to Atlanta and be a star. Keyshawn... maybe the Raiders. Really not sure but Davis is carzy enought o do it.
7) I wouldn't rule out the rumour of Pitt trading Plax for Larry Johnson. Pitt has some Wr's and no running backs. They are planning on bringing in alot of backs and Johnson has potential if he can learn to block.

First, I agree on the Pitt thing, except maybe not LJ cause I could see them looking into the draft for a RB. But it would be a smart trade, but I don't think Pitt will give up Burress, hes their only "big" WR...Randle El is little, but fast, but he needs to be a little bigger.

I can see Meshawn in Jacksonville and Fitz in Oakland. As for TO, I don't know where he goes but i can't rule out TO, they seem to be a little interested in him.

And Parcells said he liked Quincy and I think he will try to improve Quincy by getting a good RB somewhere, but I see Quincy there again due to the relationship with Parcells he has. They seemed to work it out at the end.

cant wait for next year when we can laugh at all this :-b
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:01 pm

bungle613 wrote:1) Dillon will be in Washington. I don't think Parcells wants anything to do with him. Snyder is stupid enough to toss the cash at him. JOe Gibbs will not be running the skins, he will be coaching. The little rat child will get what he wants and the skins will be a disaster for years.

year snyders an idiot. coles, thomas, hall, and morton were HORRIBLE pickups. ;-7
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:04 pm

perhaps so. But I have seen a lot of him and know what he can and can't do.

Id on't think thomas ever broke 200 yards in a game, now did he?

duce had 7 td's and 845 yards on 132 tocuhes. not bad at all i would say. avg 4.8 yards per carry.

thomas had 253 touches, and 1060 yards with 6 td's. give duce those touches and he would be well over 1500 combined yards.

it isn't a lsma dunk because thomas is young. but I also think he had easier defenses to play against as well. nad as far as pass catching goes, it isn;t even close. duce is only28 as well and he doesn;t have too much mileage on him.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Canacuna » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:09 pm

NittanyLions wrote:And Parcells said he liked Quincy and I think he will try to improve Quincy by getting a good RB somewhere, but I see Quincy there again due to the relationship with Parcells he has. They seemed to work it out at the end.

cant wait for next year when we can laugh at all this :-b

I forget the exact quote, but a Dallas Cowboy coach or scout said this after the season ended.

"It's one thing to want a good QB, but getting one is difficult."
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:15 pm

Shatner8 wrote:
eaglesrule wrote:duce is better than thomas. he has had some big seasons, big games. And even this season, maybe the overall numbers weren;t there, but he has a knack for the big play and big first down etc. a lot more heart than thomas.

That doesnt mean the same thing coming from an eagles fan........kindof Biased

What he said is actually a good observation. He showed a lot of heart and determination at the end of the season. I was impressed.
Last edited by KingGhidra on Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk