some predictions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

some predictions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: some predictions

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:18 pm

Canacuna wrote:
NittanyLions wrote:And Parcells said he liked Quincy and I think he will try to improve Quincy by getting a good RB somewhere, but I see Quincy there again due to the relationship with Parcells he has. They seemed to work it out at the end.

cant wait for next year when we can laugh at all this :-b

I forget the exact quote, but a Dallas Cowboy coach or scout said this after the season ended.

"It's one thing to want a good QB, but getting one is difficult."

i could have sworn that when i was watching one of the games i saw a oress conf with parcell and he said osmething about he likes quincy and hes their QB of the future or something...i could have misheard, but either way i dont know if they will attack a starting QB AND RB...i know they can and it is possible, but i think parcells might think quincy is more valuable than those in FA...but if my quote is wrong delete everything i said
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bungle613 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:01 pm

Tuna may like Carter but I think he knows the kid is not ready yet. 2 years behind Brunell would be great for him.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CC » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:03 pm

bungle613 wrote:7) I wouldn't rule out the rumour of Pitt trading Plax for Larry Johnson. Pitt has some Wr's and no running backs. They are planning on bringing in alot of backs and Johnson has potential if he can learn to block.

C'mon Plax go for the gold, please go to KC so you can be a threat next year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:05 pm

that would be the smart move and parcells is smart...but for some reason i cant imagine brunell in a cowboy uniform...

i gtg to bball and ftball lifting and ill ask my friend if he heard what i heard about parcells...he should know

but IMO brunell wont be the guy there...i see another QB coming in for a a year or so to ease quincy in, but i still wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt bring anyone in
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:08 pm

If the Brunell to Washington deal doesn't go down, I'd say the favorites for him to land would be Miami or Dallas.

As for the quote you mentioned about Quincy being the QB of the future, I think that may have been during (or after) training camp and related to the QB controvery between him and Chad Hutchinson.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:46 pm

Canacuna wrote:If the Brunell to Washington deal doesn't go down, I'd say the favorites for him to land would be Miami or Dallas.

As for the quote you mentioned about Quincy being the QB of the future, I think that may have been during (or after) training camp and related to the QB controvery between him and Chad Hutchinson.

I am pretty sure that you are correct...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:18 pm

I remember at the start of season, Parcells was pleased with Quincy and seemed patient with his early mistakes. With all the rumors of Brunell landing in Dallas, it sounds like he's lost complete faith in him...not entirely true. I think Bill's gonna wait it out with Quincy...if Brunell was brough to Dallas, I'd be shocked.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby zombiez » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:47 pm

No way Plex goes to KC......... :-t
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Canacuna » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:32 am

bungle613 wrote:personal predictions for me is this...

6) NE will draft a RB and hope. They have no loot. Cutting Smith helped but they still have a bit of work to do.

allright... now everyone argue.

With Charlie Garner leaving Oakland, I think he would be a great fit in New England if he doesn't demand too much money. He seems like he could be a "Bellicheck guy." He could be like Kevin Faulk, except with some talent.

Then in the draft they can take more of a bruiser like Greg Jones in the second round. If everything works out peachy, N.E. would have a solid veteran to contribute for a year or two and a promising rookie to build off of in the future.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby badger526 » Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:55 am

eaglesrule wrote:duce is better than thomas. he has had some big seasons, big games. And even this season, maybe the overall numbers weren;t there, but he has a knack for the big play and big first down etc. a lot more heart than thomas.

Sounds like something an eagle fan would say. Personally, I think they are about even. Thomas has alot of power and he has played decent on a bad team. Duce has more heart? Then why did he miss so much of last season? One more thing, why do eagles fans scream "duuuuuuccee!!!!" every stinkin time he gets the ball even if he loses yardage; its annoying.
The 2004-2005 Shook-up Can of Fury
QB Marc Bulger, Kurt Warner
RB Deuce, Rudi, Michael Pittman
WR Jimmy Smith, Randy Moss, David Terrel
TE LJ Smith
K John Hall
D Seahawks
badger526
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext