some predictions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

some predictions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:46 am

badger526 wrote:
eaglesrule wrote:duce is better than thomas. he has had some big seasons, big games. And even this season, maybe the overall numbers weren;t there, but he has a knack for the big play and big first down etc. a lot more heart than thomas.

Sounds like something an eagle fan would say. Personally, I think they are about even. Thomas has alot of power and he has played decent on a bad team. Duce has more heart? Then why did he miss so much of last season? One more thing, why do eagles fans scream "duuuuuuccee!!!!" every stinkin time he gets the ball even if he loses yardage; its annoying.

To emulate their hated Cowboys fans who cheered "Mooooooooose" everytime Daryl Johnson got the ball.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Re: some predictions

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:23 am

Canacuna wrote:...Charlie Garner... He could be like Kevin Faulk, except with some talent.

LOL, ain't that the truth. :-)
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:15 pm

well, say what you will. I gave some stats and opinion. Duce has comprable to better stats, played on better teams against better opposition. He was hurt for some of last season. And this season scored some big touchdowns and had some pretty huge plays.

This is bovisouly debateable, but it is not eagles bias. I watched a lot of anthony thomas, as he wa son my fantasy team. He jsut isn;t that good. duce had a higher yards per carry, and is much better catching the ball out of the backfield. Duce has rushed for over 200 yards in a game and has broken 1000 yards on more than one occasion.

comclude what you want, but there are facts that support that.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:37 pm

eaglesrule wrote:well, say what you will. I gave some stats and opinion. Duce has comprable to better stats, played on better teams against better opposition. He was hurt for some of last season. And this season scored some big touchdowns and had some pretty huge plays.

This is bovisouly debateable, but it is not eagles bias. I watched a lot of anthony thomas, as he wa son my fantasy team. He jsut isn;t that good. duce had a higher yards per carry, and is much better catching the ball out of the backfield. Duce has rushed for over 200 yards in a game and has broken 1000 yards on more than one occasion.

comclude what you want, but there are facts that support that.

I have never been an A-Train fan. I would have to agree with you. I don't like big backs, don't like Bettis, don't like Ducket, don't like Betts, don't like A-Train. Duesce has power but he;s got moves too. I don't like the Eagles much but Deuce has talent. He was a very good RB but holding out messed him up this year. JMHO
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:54 pm

Atrain is superior to Duce. Of course Duce is gonna have higher YPC, he was in a RBBC and thus always much fresher, and played on a team with a much better O-line and a defense that could get them the ball back...

It's hard to do much when you have no o-line and your defense is on the field for 40 minutes of every game...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:04 pm

this wasn't the only year he has performed. again, he had a fairly easy schedule and was pretty inconsistent. ahd some great games, sure.

I am nto saying he is bad, I just think duce is preferable. And if you are complaining about a bad defense keeping him off the field, that shoudl tell you something.

A tema with thsoe kidns of problems coudl use a versatile and more explosive back. thomas is a limitation in some ways and a bit of b ust to boot.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby King Ghidra (hiding) » Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:38 pm

eaglesrule wrote:this wasn't the only year he has performed. again, he had a fairly easy schedule and was pretty inconsistent. ahd some great games, sure.

I am nto saying he is bad, I just think duce is preferable. And if you are complaining about a bad defense keeping him off the field, that shoudl tell you something.

A tema with thsoe kidns of problems coudl use a versatile and more explosive back. thomas is a limitation in some ways and a bit of b ust to boot.

Despite the fact I am not an Eagles fan I'm inclined to agree with eagles rule. Considering the type of system Lovie Smith wants to run, Duce seems like a better fit. He reminds me of a Charlie Garner type except a little more powerful.

A-Train isn't a bad back by any stretch of the imagination, but he'd be more suited to a Carolina or Pittsburgh style of running game. I don't know if it's just the offense in Chicago or if Thomas has hands any stonemason would be proud of, but he's caught 55 passes total in 3 seasons. Guys like Priest and Faulk do during the course of a season.
King Ghidra (hiding)

Friendliness: %

Postby deftdelivery » Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:43 pm

KG, why are you hiding? :-?
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby terpfan » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:23 pm

deftdelivery wrote:KG, why are you hiding? :-?
\
hea avoiding 2000 posts... partying like its 1999 ;-)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:10 pm

If I were Ptt and was even think of Plaxico (which is stupid) I would try and talk to Carolina about Deshaun Foster who in my opinion is amazing... had he not torna his acl his rookie year he would be dominant as a starter and stephen davis would be playing elsewhere... Funny how the best two running backs in that drat were taken in the second (Portis and Foster) and not the first(Willie Green and Duckett)

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk