Too early for a preview? I Think not! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Too early for a preview? I Think not!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Too early for a preview? I Think not!

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:12 pm

Madden NFL 2005

Publisher: EA Sports

Developer: Tiburon

The Pitch: The most celebrated sports franchise of all time, Madden is to video games what Kleenex is to a runny nose. It's the most played, most talked about, most loved and at the same time most hated on game going. The thing is, it's not the gamers that hate on Big John and EA, it's the competition that pull their hair out trying to find new ways to beat the juggernaut each year, only to watch the dollars continue to stack and the game's fans becoming even more loyal with each rendition. And why shouldn't they, as Madden 2004 proved to be the best in series history introducing Owner mode and Playmaker controls into the mix. 2005 promises to be even better.

Why it's Going to Rock: While everyone else is trying to simply catch up to what Madden introduced in 2004, the developers at Tiburon are already thinking about features they should bring in 2010. Okay, so maybe they don't work that far ahead, but they were already working on adding new features into 2005 before last year's game even shipped. Expect more ownership options ($20 for a hotdog!?!) along with even more ways to be a playmaker including a revamped playmaker blocking mode. It would also be great to see the team chemistry features introduced in MVP also make their way into Madden.

Early money on the soon-to-be cursed cover athlete is Ray Lewis, although Raven fans might hope for someone else to strike the pose considering everyone else who has ever been featured on the box has gone down with either an injury or caught a severe case of suckitis from the moment the game hit stores. Maybe they should decrease their cover athlete's attribute points by half before shipping the game just to make things more realistic.

:-)
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:13 pm

So Ray Lewis is the leading candidate so far...interesting
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:43 pm

Ray Lewis on the cover? That's good news for fantasy owners everwhere that play with team defenses.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:55 am

As long as it isn't Portis, Henry, Harrison, McNair, Rudi or any Viking player on the cover that's fine with me. ;-D

Maybe by the times this comes out I will be able to beat an All-Madden. ;-D
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby NittanyLions » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:44 pm

WHOO HOO ray lewis is going down! that jerk deserves this honor ;-D
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Go Vikes » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:50 pm

I don't care as long as it's not portis, w. green, o smith, leftwich, wayne, staley, mcgahee, ehwn, eddie george, or jmmysmith.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby terpfan » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:17 pm

Go Vikes wrote:I don't care as long as it's not portis, w. green, o smith, leftwich, wayne, staley, mcgahee, ehwn, eddie george, or jmmysmith.

everyone on that list (except portis) i promise u is safe. ;-)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Shatner8 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:26 pm

terpfan wrote:
Go Vikes wrote:I don't care as long as it's not portis, w. green, o smith, leftwich, wayne, staley, mcgahee, ehwn, eddie george, or jmmysmith.

everyone on that list (except portis) i promise u is safe. ;-)

i dunno, Reggie Wayne might get it
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Video Games