Meshawn - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Meshawn

Moderator: Football Moderators

Meshawn

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:10 pm

ESPN just reported that he might be a.........BUCCANEER next year....

Apparently the Bucs have been shopping him around and not a single team has expressed any interest in him.

Lmao, serves him right.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bungle613 » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:16 pm

Don't believe that there is no interest. Who is going to gove something up for Keyshawn when the Bucs are just going to release him. Raiders, Zona, Jax and probably a dozen other teams are just waiting.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Shatner8 » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:47 pm

There is no way that nobody has interest in him, i dont believe that. I really wish the 9ers had some money because our WR situation is terrible
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Roseman » Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:03 pm

The only reason there is no intrest is why would you give something up when you can get it for free!!! Everyone knows that the Bucs are going to cut him therefore he will be a FA and all it will cost you is one salary that the Bucs will be on the hook for a portion of. All win for his new team and all loss for the bucs
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby NittanyLions » Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:09 pm

yeah hes not gonna be a buc...the teams will wait patiently to try to grab him later in FA. I heard rumors of him going to Jacksonville...
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:20 pm

The Bucs could barely afford to keep Keyshawn if they wanted to.

Johnson, who was deactivated for the final six games of the season by coach Jon Gruden, has four seasons remaining on his eight-year, $56-million contract. But his relationship with Gruden became a personal, public feud.

Gruden called Johnson a "distraction" in the locker room and Johnson referred to the Bucs coach as "a used car salesman." A return to Tampa by Johnson likely would not be warmly embraced by fans, especially because Johnson had informed the team he had no intention of playing for the Bucs in 2004.

General manager Bruce Allen told Johnson's agent last week they have discussed trading the three-time Pro Bowl receiver with several teams, but no offers have been forthcoming. And if the Bucs trade or release Johnson, they will absorb almost $7-million of so-called "dead money" on their salary cap in accelerated signing bonus already paid to Johnson. A decision is expected before April 1, when Johnson is due a $1-million roster bonus.

But in order for Johnson to return to the Bucs he likely would have to restructure his contract. Including his roster bonus, Johnson would earn $6-million in 2004, and his cap value is about $8-million.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Purple_Pride » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:31 pm

his contract now he makes what? 7 million a year, once he gets realeased there is no way he gets anything to close to that much again. so if teams are just patient they know they will have their chance at Meshawn
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Strider » Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:35 am

i wouldn't even want him for free he isn;t that good he hardly ever gets tds he is an average wr and people say moss ahs problems keyshawn is the king of idioticness he writes a book "throw me the _____ ball!!!" i mean What the heck he is an idiot!!
Strider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Homeless » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:43 am

This is the problem with they way the Bucs handled the meshawn affair. As people have already said, why pay extra for something when you know the seller is going to let it go at a reduced cost.

In my opinion he should play for the Eagles.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Go Vikes » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:11 pm

He should go to Jacksonville
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk