Dolphins intrested in Ramsey...... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dolphins intrested in Ramsey......

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:02 pm

I don't understand this...the Skins would trade a second round pick for a QB who would replace a guy they are trading for a higher pick, in other words more valuable? This is freakin crazy. Let the Dolphins have Brunell, they can trade a pick for him. The Skins need to stick with Ramsey.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Roseman » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:11 am

M_Zimm wrote:I don't understand this...the Skins would trade a second round pick for a QB who would replace a guy they are trading for a higher pick, in other words more valuable? This is freakin crazy. Let the Dolphins have Brunell, they can trade a pick for him. The Skins need to stick with Ramsey.

This was just an offer that the Fish threw out on the table it. I dont want the Skins to trade Ramsey either but it might be a bad idea because if they did having two first rounds and filling two holes on the team might be better for the tema overall. If they had the two picks they could grab Taylor or Winslow with the 5 pick and then grab a top DL with the 20th.
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:20 am

Roseman wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:I don't understand this...the Skins would trade a second round pick for a QB who would replace a guy they are trading for a higher pick, in other words more valuable? This is freakin crazy. Let the Dolphins have Brunell, they can trade a pick for him. The Skins need to stick with Ramsey.

This was just an offer that the Fish threw out on the table it. I dont want the Skins to trade Ramsey either but it might be a bad idea because if they did having two first rounds and filling two holes on the team might be better for the tema overall. If they had the two picks they could grab Taylor or Winslow with the 5 pick and then grab a top DL with the 20th.

True, that would be nice but then they would almost have to take a QB with a later pick. Brunell is getting old. He is good for a couple years. If they could trade Ramsey for a first round pick and get Brunell for less as you said they could take a Taylor or Winslow and fill in another spot with the 20th pick. Then they could take a QB with raw talent later in the draft and have Gibbs and Brunell train him. Kinda the same sort of thing the Skins did with Ramsey but he was an earlier pick. It could work.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Strider » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:30 am

who would want EITHER they are both mediocore i wouldn't waste that much unigalyea (spelling) is a good defensive player for the fins do not get rid of him
Strider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:37 am

Strider wrote:who would want EITHER they are both mediocore i wouldn't waste that much unigalyea (spelling) is a good defensive player for the fins do not get rid of him

I believe you mean Adewale Ogunleye. ;-)
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Football Talk