News from Arizona - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

News from Arizona

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:55 am

Behold the power of FF. We have here a second page of postings and we're talking about the Cardinals!!!

Nobody cares that much during the season. Myself, I just think Green is blowing smoke :-° Wait a minute, that's the other Green. I'd be surprised if he doesn't take a flyer on a retread QB, or Ricky Ray if he falls to the third round.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lushcrush » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:11 pm

While this is a healthy debate no doubt, no one has mentioned another exercise of Arizona lunacy. Not too long ago they offered the QB coach position to none other than ESPN resident blowhard and all around idiot Sean Salisbury. Is that crazy or what? He wasn't any good when he played. What could possibly make him a viable candidate for the QB coaching position, besides the PR? What was up with that? :-°
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:39 pm

nobody's expecting Arizona to contend in the NFC West next season. It's a perfect time to burn 16 games to see if McCown can play as a real starter.

I sure as hell wouldn't burn a 1st rd pick on a QB considering such.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra (partying) » Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:57 pm

Lushcrush wrote:While this is a healthy debate no doubt, no one has mentioned another exercise of Arizona lunacy. Not too long ago they offered the QB coach position to none other than ESPN resident blowhard and all around idiot Sean Salisbury. Is that crazy or what? He wasn't any good when he played. What could possibly make him a viable candidate for the QB coaching position, besides the PR? What was up with that? :-°

Great players don't always make great coaches. Average players sometimes do make great coaches. Denny Green obviously felt he'd be a good QB coach. It's hard to judge what a guy can do by listening to him on ESPN, but I respect his opinions.
KingGhidra (partying)

Friendliness: %

Postby Canacuna » Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:59 pm

If Dennis Green can make Jeff George a quality QB (granted he was throwing to Randy Moss and Cris Carter), I think he can make something out of just about anyone.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Purple_Pride » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:27 pm

with the apparent lack of talent in this years draft or atleaast lack of players who seem worthy of a top5 pick, i cant see the Cards going any way except QB. i still think they could use a RB but this draft is week on RB's. Dennis Green has to go offence in the first round, thats just who he is. the o-line is already good. so the only other option as i see it is Fitz, but they'll obviously have to trade up to get him.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:02 pm

Purple_Pride wrote:with the apparent lack of talent in this years draft or atleaast lack of players who seem worthy of a top5 pick, i cant see the Cards going any way except QB. i still think they could use a RB but this draft is week on RB's. Dennis Green has to go offence in the first round, thats just who he is. the o-line is already good. so the only other option as i see it is Fitz, but they'll obviously have to trade up to get him.

Apparent lack of talent? The very idea is preposterous. You want some lack of talent look at last years draft. Only Newman, Rogers, A. Johnson, and Leftwich are looking like high prospects that will be studs.

This is one of the best drafts in recent memory.
You have:
2 Blue-chip QB prospects (Manning and Roethlisberger)
3 Elite WR Prospects (Fitzgerald and Roy and Reggie Williams)
The best TE prospect Ever (Winslow Jr.)
2 Franchise offensive tackles (Gallery and Andrews)
2 Very Good RB prospects (Jackson and Jones)
2 Very Good Defensive Tackles (Harris and Wilfork)
The best Safety prospect ever (Sean Taylor)
A wild card potential stud in Clarett
The best kicker prospect in recent years (Kaeding)
(Yea I know its just a kicker)
2 Highly Touted DE prospects (Udeze and W. Smith)

The only 2 potential areas of weakness are CB (where Gamble, Robinson, and DeAngelo Hall are still exceptional) and LB (Where Vilma and DJ Williams are no slouchs in their own rights)

Sorry for getting so into this but I feel really strongly about this.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Purple_Pride » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:09 pm

there is talent, but IMO a lack of top 3 talent. not many guys who look like top notch picks outside of QB and WR. there are no Newmans or Robertsons or Suggs this year
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:16 pm

yea i know what you're saying PP.
there arent really any legit top 3 defensive picks this year outside of sean taylor (he should go #1 in my opinion) and no team in the world is going to take a safety with a top 3 pick. the stud d-linemen (harris, udeze, and w. smith) aren't worthy (cept maybe harris) and with the weak linebacker and corner core for this year it pretty much seems as if you have to go QB/Larry Fitzgerald or trade your pick.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lushcrush » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:21 pm

KingGhidra (partying) wrote:
Lushcrush wrote:While this is a healthy debate no doubt, no one has mentioned another exercise of Arizona lunacy. Not too long ago they offered the QB coach position to none other than ESPN resident blowhard and all around idiot Sean Salisbury. Is that crazy or what? He wasn't any good when he played. What could possibly make him a viable candidate for the QB coaching position, besides the PR? What was up with that? :-°

Great players don't always make great coaches. Average players sometimes do make great coaches. Denny Green obviously felt he'd be a good QB coach. It's hard to judge what a guy can do by listening to him on ESPN, but I respect his opinions.

I see your point, but at the same time if he was coaching material I wonder why nobody has picked him up in the last 8 years?
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk