Mock Draft II - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mock Draft II

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:37 pm

Buckychudd wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:when we get 12

Why don't you guys try a smaller draft, maybe 8-man......see how it changes.

That works for me. 8 or 10 is fine with me - if anyone has a preference let us know.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pmix » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:26 am

Is this gonna be a slow draft or are you gonna try to get everybody together all at once?

As long as it is slow, I'm in. We have plenty of time.
pmix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Gunslinger » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:28 am

pmix wrote:Is this gonna be a slow draft or are you gonna try to get everybody together all at once?

As long as it is slow, I'm in. We have plenty of time.

Yeah, I couldn't do a live draft either. I'll put you down, we just need 1 more then. Maybe someone else that signed up can draw numbers to determine a random draft order? I figured we'd just use the same rules as the current Mock is using (12 hour limit, ESPN default rankings for missed picks).

I don't necessarily need to be in charge of this thing, either. If there's somebody else that logs on more often than I do, they may want to head it up so they can keep the picks up to date. I should be able to log on a couple times a day but over that I can't be sure.

1. Gunslinger
2. Deftdelivery
3. VHawk15
4. nebbie2004
5. Canadian_Cheesehead
6. Azrael
7. pmix
8. ?
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby nebula » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:17 am

8.Nebula ;-D
Keepers League:
P Manning, J Flacco
LT2, C Portis, T Hightower, S Greene, D Brown
M Colston, Q, D Jax, MSW, B Tate, M Wallace,
J Carlson, D Keller
N Keding
Chi
nebula
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Strider » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:26 am

how many do you guys want 8 or 10 cause if you want more i'll join if you need me pm me
Strider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Gunslinger » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:57 am

Strider wrote:how many do you guys want 8 or 10 cause if you want more i'll join if you need me pm me

I'm ok with either 8 or 10, but Buckychudd had a good point about not doing 12 so we could compare the results. If we can get a 10th and close it there that's fine. Any takers?

Also, I wonder if we could share the Slow Mock room. The current draft could make their threads stickys to keep them separate. Any thoughts on that from the current drafters? Once again, I wasn't using this site last year so I'm not sure of the accepted procedures.

1. Gunslinger
2. Deftdelivery
3. VHawk15
4. nebbie2004
5. Canadian_Cheesehead
6. Azrael
7. pmix
8. nebula
9. Strider
10. ?

Someone could also go ahead and draw/pick/whatever for draft order, too. Or we could just pick positions by order of signup - I actually would prefer a worse position since it's a mock (I could use the practice).
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:23 am

Gunslinger wrote:
Strider wrote:how many do you guys want 8 or 10 cause if you want more i'll join if you need me pm me

I'm ok with either 8 or 10, but Buckychudd had a good point about not doing 12 so we could compare the results. If we can get a 10th and close it there that's fine. Any takers?

Also, I wonder if we could share the Slow Mock room. The current draft could make their threads stickys to keep them separate. Any thoughts on that from the current drafters? Once again, I wasn't using this site last year so I'm not sure of the accepted procedures.

1. Gunslinger
2. Deftdelivery
3. VHawk15
4. nebbie2004
5. Canadian_Cheesehead
6. Azrael
7. pmix
8. nebula
9. Strider
10. ?

Someone could also go ahead and draw/pick/whatever for draft order, too. Or we could just pick positions by order of signup - I actually would prefer a worse position since it's a mock (I could use the practice).

It wouldn't bot me if you would use the same forum. We only have 4 threads and only three of them are really needed. I will mention it in there and let ya know.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:36 am

There is something very wrong about supporting the unhealthy addictions of ffers. The off season should be a time of reflection and cleansing. Not acting like a bunch of crack addicts, standing around a burning trash barrell, waiting for their next hit.
That said;
10-Moochman.
pm me with my fix!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby nebula » Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:03 pm

moochman wrote:There is something very wrong about supporting the unhealthy addictions of ffers. The off season should be a time of reflection and cleansing. Not acting like a bunch of crack addicts, standing around a burning trash barrell, waiting for their next hit.
That said;
10-Moochman.
pm me with my fix!

NICE ;-D
Keepers League:
P Manning, J Flacco
J Carlson, D Keller
N Keding
Chi
nebula
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby nebula » Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:10 pm

Gunslinger wrote:

1. Gunslinger
2. Deftdelivery
3. VHawk15
4. nebbie2004
5. Canadian_Cheesehead
6. Azrael
7. pmix
8. nebula
9. Strider
10. ?

I'm up for anything but if you would like you (anyone) can go to
http://www.random.org
and under "how" there is a link to "randomized sequences" which will give you 1 - 10 randomly. Gunslinger is #1 so were ever 1 is on the list thats your pick.

just so ya know.

PS.. I usually like to do this after every 2 rounds, but it would make it harder to compair with the other draft I think.
Keepers League:
P Manning, J Flacco
J Carlson, D Keller
N Keding
Chi
nebula
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant