Moss unhappy in Minnesota? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Moss unhappy in Minnesota?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Moss unhappy in Minnesota?

Postby TTTBone » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:31 pm

C.J., Star Tribune

Published February 12, 2004

Randy Moss is reportedly ticked off with coach Mike Tice about comments reported in this column on Jan 8. Spokesman-Recorder sports editor and radio guy Larry Fitzgerald Sr. said that Moss is making noises about wanting to be traded. (Read for yourself at larry-fitzgerald.com, click on the NFL.) "First of all, I ain't trading my best player," Tice told me Wednesday morning. "That's not going to happen. For some reason, somebody called Randy -- I know this for a fact -- and told him I called him crazy in the newspaper. I never called him nuts. Somebody is feeding him garbage." This is how I quoted Tice's metaphor: "I was talking to Red [Vikings owner McCombs] last week, and held my hand in a circle. I said, 'If Randy's a nut, I really believe in my heart I have cracked 70 percent of it.' " Tice was saying Moss' inconsistency on the field made him a tough nut to crack. "Well, Moss is steamed about it," Fitz said Tuesday. "He hasn't talked to the man since that Monday meeting they have after the regular season. He's not talking to him. I think they are going to wind up having to trade him." Oh, puhleeze. Moss should stop behaving like a nut -- and I do mean in the crazy way. "See," balked Fitz, a writer who could not wrap his mind around Tice's metaphors. "Just because you agree with Tice doesn't mean that Randy doesn't have a right to perceive it in a negative way. You understand." He got on his high horse to deliver those last two words. "He's still a person. He's still a human being." A being who gets into legal trouble for disobeying a traffic cop and then giving her an unauthorized ride on his automobile . . . who comes out of jail hiding his head under a coat and running from the media . . . who drives up to a memorial service with music blaring. Need I go on? "What if somebody called you a nut?" Fitz said. Some people do, and yet I don't care.

interesting stuff... remember CJ is the gossip columnist for the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Shatner8 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:38 pm

I heard this on Around the Horn today........This is very interesting, it will be very interesting to see how this all plays out. I dont think Moss is going anywhere
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby NittanyLions » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:40 pm

So another WR/Player begins his road of speculation...

They won't let him go though. He's too good.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:41 pm

Man, has Zimm heard this? I think Moss will remain a Viking for at least one or two more years but if he did leave, this could hurt his value as well as Culpepper's.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:42 pm

Just ignore this post.
Last edited by VHawk15 on Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:44 pm

Moss isn't going anywhere for a while...but still interesting speculation...been a while since we've heard anything about Moss OFF the field...I almost forget about em ;-)
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TTTBone » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:50 pm

I think Moss and Tice will clear things up, but indications are that Moss is unhappy with the direction of the team. Moss might be happy to reunite with Denny in 'Zona, but I don't think Tice or Red would ever let that happen. Hope this gets cleared up, so Moss doesn't become some Prima Donna Wideout like TO or Meshawn.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby mannubhai » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:26 pm

Moss, if decides to be traded cos of Tice's comments..would be one of the most ridiculous decision he would have made.

All Moss needs to do is think abt the fans...their love and support through thick and thin.

Moss is Vikings identity.

Without Moss, jee I cannot imagine.
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Purple_Pride » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:29 pm

i pray to God that this is true. cause im pretty much positive that Tice would be fired before they would let Moss go. And I for one am anti- coach tice.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Go Vikes » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:39 pm

Purple_Pride wrote:And I for one am anti- coach tice.

Me too
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk