Moss unhappy in Minnesota? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Moss unhappy in Minnesota?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SeaWolf » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:43 pm

If indeed Moss is, or will be, on the trading block. Will teams pay up? With this years draft being deep with WRs, does this decrease his trade value? Or because he is one of the best, if not the best (ask T.O.), WRs in the game today, will any team be willing to give it up for Moss?
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:47 pm

SeaWolf wrote:If indeed Moss is, or will be, on the trading block. Will teams pay up? With this years draft being deep with WRs, does this decrease his trade value? Or because he is one of the best, if not the best (ask T.O.), WRs in the game today, will any team be willing to give it up for Moss?

I know Moss isn't very cap friendly, but since he's so young and is obviously one of, if not the best WR in the league, he's sure to garner interest from at least a few teams.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:11 pm

I was about to hit the "quote" button on so many posts but I will try to respond the best I can...

V-Hawk, I got ya thie first time and no I hadn't heard this yet, it has been busy for me today. Thanks for postin it, TTT.

I can almost guarantee that this is not true. We all know how stupid the media is. The guy is the gossip columist for a reason.

This was the first year in his career that it seemed that Moss was listening to his coach and was more mature off the field too. I have seen many quotes from Tice talking about Moss saying that he has been a leader. I seriously doubt the validation of this.

Purple Pride and Go Vikes, I am with ya that I almost hope this is true but I believe Tice should have one more chance at it and who do ya think would be a coach that the Vikes would get? Ya really think that Red would actually shell out some money for a top-notch coach? Heck, with all the old guys comin back maybe would could bring back Bud Grant. ;-D

SeaWolf, that is ridiculous thinking. Of course teams would pay up. He is the best WR in the game. Ask any D coordinator. There have been stories about teams comin to play the Vikes basing their whole D around stopping Moss. Why do you think he had a bad game against the Lions this year? Because they triple covered him almost every play which left KC and Burleson wide open for TDs and opened up the running game. He is a huge threat and teams know that. They would pay him a TON to play for them. This reminds me of something somebody in my FF league said..."If the Vikings would drop Moss nobody would pick him up because of his attitude." That is the most ridiculous thinking I have ever heard. In football you aren't trying to put together the best behaving team, you want to win and will do whatever it takes to do it. I see where you are coming from but if for some reason we would trade him we could get a lot for him, not to mention screwing up the team forever and losing a ton of fans.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Strider » Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:05 am

Shatner8 wrote:I heard this on Around the Horn today........This is very interesting, it will be very interesting to see how this all plays out. I dont think Moss is going anywhere

mark my words MOSS WILL STAY IN MN..... unless the viking owner really jumped of the deep end we signed him to a billion dollar deal for 100 years he won't go anywhere if he goes then we might as well say adios to the vikings ever being good again.

he is the best wr in the league we would be crazy to get rid of him now when we need him most
Strider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby awwchrist » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:37 pm

didn't Mike Tice get the job because he was the one coach who had a good relationship with Randy Moss?

lol...just another chapter in the Randy Moss novel.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk