Trade Offers for Minnesota RB... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Trade Offers for Minnesota RB...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra (partying) » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:10 pm

TTTBone wrote:
Purple_Pride wrote:not me, im not fickle, i say ride cpeep, moss and bennett for years to come.

Now there's some rational thinking from a Viking fan! Totally agree. ;-D


For some reason that makes too much sense for some fans to comprehend (maybe fantasy considerations get in the way). Their core 3 offensive stars are set. Kleinsasser is supposedly one of the best blocking TEs in the game and their offensive line is one of the better lines in the league. All they need is a real #2 WR and some defense.
KingGhidra (partying)


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:16 pm

TTTBone wrote:
Go Vikes wrote:TRADE Bennett NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Ahhh, the ever fickle Minnesota fanbase.
Dump Bennett, Culpepper Sucks, go with Ferotte and Onterrio, it has Super Bowl written all over it. LMAO :-b


lol hear it all the time, dont ya
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums


[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3494
Joined: 25 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: CURRENT FAV MOVIE: Boondock Saints

Postby TTTBone » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:31 pm

deftdelivery wrote:
TTTBone wrote:
Go Vikes wrote:TRADE Bennett NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Ahhh, the ever fickle Minnesota fanbase.
Dump Bennett, Culpepper Sucks, go with Ferotte and Onterrio, it has Super Bowl written all over it. LMAO :-b


lol hear it all the time, dont ya

OH, YEAH... on a daily basis. And then I find myself in the odd position of defending the very Minnesota players who could destroy my beloved Packers. A moral quandary? Naw, I've learned sticking with the truth serves you well. :-)
Image
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4481
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 16 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:31 pm

lol
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:56 pm

Alright here's my analysis...I may get a little long-winded.

Alright, I was one questioning Daunte earlier in the year. Where as I still have some complaints about him I would take him over almost any other QB in the league. When I talked about his throwing out of the pocket problems I guess I hadn't really taken time to look at other QBs. I am not comparing him to Vick or McNabb, I would take him over either one of them. I had always regarded Manning as the best NFL QB but after watching the AFC Championship game the whole way through I realized that Manning is a terrible QB when he is blitzed and his line can't hold. As said before, I still have a couple complaints about Daunte but doesn't every fan have some complaints about almost every one of their players? I still don't think he is worth what we are paying him but apparenty it doesn't matter, Red wouldn't be spending the extra money anyway. I don't recal ever saying that I think Daunte should be benched when Frerotte was doing good. Now that I said that one of you will probably go find a post where I said Frerotte should start but I don't think I said that. Anyway, the only reason I think that Daunte maybe should have been benched when Frerotte was doing good is that there was no need to rush him back from his injury. Frerotte was doing fine and if Daunte needed an extra week to heal wecould live without him.

Alright, on to our RBs....

I think Bennett is our best back as of now. He is proven and to trade him would be a big risk. I agree that he is a game-breaker. He could bust it all the way on any play. However, if we could get a very good defensive player for him I would be tempted to trade him. I know Onterrio (or from now on refered as SOD as in Steal Of Draft, that's what he shaved on his head in training camp, it's easier to type ;-) ) played against a couple of below par Ds and is still unproven but I watched him play and he ran very well. Those two games he displayed a lot of patience, something that has taken Bennett a long time to learn and he was able to cut-back if there wasn't a hole. Bennett has been in the league a couple years now but he still gets a little antsy in the backfiedl and when he doesn't see a hole he just tries to pund it through. Bennett is a small guy, he can't do that. SOD is a little bigger but when a situation like that would happen he showed more patience, he waited a little bit and if there was no hole he would cut back and find one. Bennett has gotten better at this but as a rookie Bennett was very raw. If we could trade Bennett for a very good Defensive guy I think SOD and Moe could handle the RB duties fine. Which leads me to my next point...

Defense...
The reason I say that I would be willing to get rid of Bennett for a very good defensive player is that our D has a lot of holes. More than they are willing to admit. We need a good pass-rushing LE. K-Will is very good, he lead rookies in sacks last year. Hovan is good but is more of a run-stopping DT. We need a guy that can put constant pressure on the opposing QB and force him to throw the ball into coverage. We have two good safeties. Chavous is awesome. He was an All-Pro this year and was second in the league in picks behind...Brian Russel, our other safety. Even though he actually lead the league in picks I like Chavous better. Russell has good hands and con cover pretty good but he can't tackle real great and his speed is not great, he got burned quite a bit. Overall though, Russell is a good safetie and we do not need to replace him. I am glad that we are keeping Brian Williams. He looked good last year and has some potential. We do need a number one CB. Williams is good but we need a guy that can force the QB to throw the ball to the other guy. Actually, it doesn't need to be a Champ Bailey or Charles Woodson. Idealy, yes but really we just need that can cover above average. Just as long as he is better than Denard Walker that's fine. As a matter of fact, we need to give up on Denard. He stinks. We need to put Irvin at our nickel slot and put Denard in as our dime back, yes he is that bad. He is the one who got burned in the loss to Arizona. Actually, better yet, drop Denard. Who cares how much it will cost us? It's not like Red would spend that money on another guy anyway.
Our LBs are servicable. Ideally it would be really nice if we could get a good MLB but I don't think there is really any way we will. We need a guy that is ready to take Claiborne's place. We have a bunch of young outside LBs that can all compete for the starting jobs there.

WRs...Obviously Moss is our number one. That goes without mentioning. This is the only place where I hope we don't sign a guy. I thought that Burleson had real potential to be a star. We need to face that Campbell is not the kind of guy we need there, he is a perfect 3rd wideout. The Vikes need a possesion guy playin opposite Moss. Burleson could develope into that. We need to concentrate on developing him and he could be a serious threat.

Kliensasser...he is an awesome blocker. We are 20mil under cap so please re-sign him. He is a good red-zone threat too. My only complaint is that he tends to fumble but if we use him right that shouldn't be a problem.

Wow, my fingers are tired now. Please excuse all the typos and errors, I can't type worth a flip.

That is how I see it, feel free to crytiquie (how the heck to ya spell that?) it.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5603
Joined: 20 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:28 pm

KingGhidra (woohoo!) wrote:
awwchrist wrote:If he's playing coy then it's a great move.

However if he's serious that he's not entertaining offers then I gotta say he's a moron.


I see your point, since the Vikings have some defensive issues that need solving and trading one of them might bring in a defensive stud...

However...

Michael Bennett - He's the starter. He's your stud. He's young. No real reason to trade him.

Onterrio Smith - He's the backup and probably the goal line back next year. Not only is he a good insurance policy for Michael Bennett, he's a cheap insurance policy. He's being paid 4th round money and it doesn't get much cheaper for that.

Moe Williams - You obviously aren't gonna get much in trade value for the guy. He's proven himself a great passing down back to have in the arsenal.

Sometimes it's nice to be several good guys deep at a position. Especially one as volatile as RB.


Yeah it's done Denver wonders to hold onto their RB depth. How many AFC championship appearences since Elway retired?

2 good RBs is plenty of depth in the NFL these days.

3 is dumb luck. They need to egress the talent to another position, plain and simple.
Image
________________________________________
26-13
Only 3 leagues this year. No sense in rooting for everyone in the NFL.
awwchrist
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9433
Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: see that 1:hidden? That's me.

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:16 am

awwchrist wrote:
KingGhidra (woohoo!) wrote:
awwchrist wrote:If he's playing coy then it's a great move.

However if he's serious that he's not entertaining offers then I gotta say he's a moron.


I see your point, since the Vikings have some defensive issues that need solving and trading one of them might bring in a defensive stud...

However...

Michael Bennett - He's the starter. He's your stud. He's young. No real reason to trade him.

Onterrio Smith - He's the backup and probably the goal line back next year. Not only is he a good insurance policy for Michael Bennett, he's a cheap insurance policy. He's being paid 4th round money and it doesn't get much cheaper for that.

Moe Williams - You obviously aren't gonna get much in trade value for the guy. He's proven himself a great passing down back to have in the arsenal.

Sometimes it's nice to be several good guys deep at a position. Especially one as volatile as RB.


Yeah it's done Denver wonders to hold onto their RB depth. How many AFC championship appearences since Elway retired?

2 good RBs is plenty of depth in the NFL these days.

3 is dumb luck. They need to egress the talent to another position, plain and simple.

The problem is that SOD is unproven. He played two mediocre Ds and ran well. He could be very good but it would be a definite risk to go into the season with him our starter. Bennett is the only RB that is worth anything in a trade and he is the only one that we really can't afford to give up.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5603
Joined: 20 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby badger526 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:18 am

M_Zimm wrote:That is how I see it, feel free to crytiquie (how the heck to ya spell that?).


it's critique.
badger526
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 140
Joined: 28 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Go Vikes » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:02 am

TTTBone wrote:
Go Vikes wrote:TRADE Bennett NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Ahhh, the ever fickle Minnesota fanbase.
Dump Bennett, Culpepper Sucks, go with Ferotte and Onterrio, it has Super Bowl written all over it. LMAO :-b


No. I like Cpep. Ijust don't like bennett as much as O. Bennett is good though.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1244
Joined: 14 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Go Vikes » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:07 am

Who had a better average as a rookie? I'm sure it was smith. If smith came in in the year bennett did and got the same amount of carries, Smith would be awesome.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1244
Joined: 14 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 20:51 hours
(and 43 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact