MVp baseball 2004 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

MVp baseball 2004

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby AF » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:24 am

Anybody else find it odd that somebody on ESPN News would say EA's Baseball game would be better then ESPN Baseball?
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby badger526 » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:01 am

What kind of strategy is involved with baseball video games other than swinging the bat and fielding?
badger526
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby AF » Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:49 pm

Calling pitches, hit and run, basestealing, when to pinch hit and change pitchers, who to bring into the game. This is all in the game. Fatigue wears down you pitcher. If you really want to learn more check this out: http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sports/mvpbaseball2004/index.html
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:30 pm

;-D
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:22 pm

I rented MVP Baseball this week and enjoyed it. A steeper learning curve than what I was expecting from a baseball game, but that made it all the more worthwhile (or maybe I just suck at videogames more than I thought). The pitching is much more difficult than in other baseball titles (I actually walked a player unintentionally for the first time) and really makes you work to get your outs (although I'm sure in time it will become easier).

...Anyway, another cool feature was that the AAA and AA ballclubs are in the game too - although most of the players are merely randomly generated, not based on the actual players (there's about five or six real minor leaguers per team - just those that have actually had a stint in the MLB before). There's also an option to have team chemistry be a factor. Players will get upset with their contracts, playing time, performance, etc. I found this to be a cool feature, just gone about in the wrong way. I don't know about anyone else, but when I sign a guy to a contract, I don't want him b#tch#ng and moaning two months later about his contract not being good enough for him. ...I had Eddie Guardado, Shiggy Hasegawa, Rafael Soriano, J.J. Putz, Dan Wilson, and Rich Aurillia all upset at me at the same time, which really killed my team chemistry because "they were a disturbance in the clubhouse." Argh... Not a huge problem, but an annoyance, nonetheless.

I suck at writing decent reviews and summaries for anything, but if you were at all interested in trying out MVP Baseball before, I think it's at least worth a rental.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby badger526 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:41 pm

has anybody played online yet with this game? I was wondering if there are as many glitches and quirks about the game like there are in madden. I was also wondering about NBA live and whether or not people cheated on it as well. the idea of a completely straight and realistic game sounds like a ton of fun.
The 2004-2005 Shook-up Can of Fury
QB Marc Bulger, Kurt Warner
RB Deuce, Rudi, Michael Pittman
WR Jimmy Smith, Randy Moss, David Terrel
TE LJ Smith
K John Hall
D Seahawks
badger526
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:48 pm

Right now the online game is buggy as hell. Supposedly, the online wasn't ready yet but they didn't want to delay the release just for that one feature, they claim it will be ready by the 31st...

As it is now, you can't change your starting pitcher before the game, so your default guy always starts no matter what, same thing with your lineup. It's also lacking features right now, and you see EVERYTHING your opponent does (their pitching aim, power meters, etc). When they pause you see through "their eyes" and see everything they do.

And lastly, there's a huge bug where both teams pitcher's stamina will go to 0, the same batter will bat everytime, and then eventually the game will freeze so hard that you have to turn off your PS2.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby The Great Gambini » Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:02 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Right now the online game is buggy as hell. Supposedly, the online wasn't ready yet but they didn't want to delay the release just for that one feature, they claim it will be ready by the 31st...

As it is now, you can't change your starting pitcher before the game, so your default guy always starts no matter what, same thing with your lineup. It's also lacking features right now, and you see EVERYTHING your opponent does (their pitching aim, power meters, etc). When they pause you see through "their eyes" and see everything they do.

And lastly, there's a huge bug where both teams pitcher's stamina will go to 0, the same batter will bat everytime, and then eventually the game will freeze so hard that you have to turn off your PS2.

Damn Bagel, I had the same problem! Then my ps2 burst into flames and disappeared. Then I woke up, and it was in my arms.
Close call though! ;-)

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan04 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:35 pm

I have MVP, and its a great game. Dynasty mode is really good too.
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Video Games