Henry and McGahee to share carries - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Henry and McGahee to share carries

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:22 pm

i still think henry will be able to earn the playing time he deserves and will get most of the tds.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:59 pm

A little something from Rotoworld...

David Terrell - WR - CHI Feb. 13 - 12:50 am et

New Bears cooridinator Terry Shea says he is "very high" on wide receiver David Terrell and plans to use him plenty next season.
Shea comes from the Chiefs and is expected to open up the Bears offense quite a bit. Terrell and Marty Booker could be prime beneficiaries.

The coach says he's high on him, so you better draft him! Coaches lie all of the time (Tice, Shanahan)...

Anyway, prediction...

Travis Henry - 1,000+ yards, about 10 TDs.
Willis McGahee - 400 yards, about 2 TDs.

I'm still hopeful the Bills are just hyping up McGahee so that they can trade him. They should just admit they made a mistake and move on...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Go Vikes » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:09 pm

My predictions

McGahee eats up and spits out good defenses in the preseason and gains the starting job as henry rides the bench the first few games and is traded.

McGahee: 1,500 17 TD's
Henry(new team): 1,034 8 TD's
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Shatner8 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:12 pm

Go Vikes wrote:My predictions

McGahee eats up and spits out good defenses in the preseason and gains the starting job as henry rides the bench the first few games and is traded.

Haha.......thats funny
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby deftdelivery » Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:22 pm

Shatner8 wrote:

Haha.......thats funny

lol yea... ;-7
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Canacuna » Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:31 pm

deftdelivery wrote:
Shatner8 wrote:

Haha.......thats funny

lol yea... ;-7

Heh... That's some good stuff Go Vikes must have... :-°
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby fantasizing » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:21 pm

I have Henry in a keeper league but I am not worried. Henry has basically proved to the NFL in general that he is a quality starter fighting through injuries and playing hard. I see three scenarios:

1) McGahee just isn't as good as the hype suggests and Henry keeps his starting job. McGahee relegated to backup role.

2) Henry gets most of the carries and TDs, while McGahee gives him a rest after 2 succesive running plays, analogous to Green Bay's situation with A.Green supported by strong backups Davenport and Fisher. Davenport and Fisher actually got alot of carries this year, even so, Green's numbers were off the charts.

3) McGahee is so outstanding, that he just plain out wins the starting job. But because of Henry's proven abilities, several teams are very eager to talk to the Bills about acquiring him and the Bills soon trade him early to mid way through the season.

I think scenario 2 is the most likely to occur, followed by 1, then 3.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:25 pm

I can't stand situations where one guy is in for three plays an dhten sits on the bench for three. IMO a back needs to be able to see teh Ds and see where the holes are and so he can get better as the game goes on. When you sub guys in and out that takes that away. Assuming McGahee is good they either need to trade him or figure out a way that they can both be involved in the offense, but not in and out. The idea of having them both in the backfield is nice but their FB is good too. Maybe a full-house type formation? If that doesn't work they could even put McGahee as the third down back. He's got some good speed and should be able to break some runs and catch out of the backfield.

I am one of the only people who actually think that McGahee is good. That is why I am worried about Henry. I know McGahee had only one good year in college but that year was awesome. He has a lot of talent and if he can come back from his injury fully he could be a big threat.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:01 am

Still, if it's any sort of RBBC it has to take away from Henry's value. I had Henry last year, but it's looking like I want to shy away from him this year. Dang McGahee and his stupid agent - you could be putting the Bills that much farther into the dregs of football.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:56 pm

Not this coming season, Henry will still dominate the running game for the Bills in 04. Now 05 may be a different story.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk