Help me out Cafe geniuses! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Help me out Cafe geniuses!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help me out Cafe geniuses!

Postby deftdelivery » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:44 pm

Okay, I am trying to record the images from my TV onto my JVC digital camcorder..so that when i play back from the camcorder, it plays what was on tv...like TV recording. Get what I'm saying?

I want to be able to do this to create some hilarious voice-overs...I'm going to take the film and edit it, creating funny voices and stuff...

I'm pretty sure you have to connect the camcorder to the TV's video out slots...and I did that....but no result. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Roseman » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:09 pm

i know there is a better way but why dont you just play what ever it is and setup your camcorder and tape the TV as is plays

not the best way but it would work
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby moochman » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:26 pm

Let me preface this by saying that I am by no means a wiz when it comes to these newfangled contraptions. That said, try running the video out feed from your VCR to your Camcorder using the RCA? jacks. This shoud give you a the picture you're looking for without any sound. Good luck Deft, we'll be looking for some hilarious clips in the future.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby deftdelivery » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:56 pm

Roseman wrote:i know there is a better way but why dont you just play what ever it is and setup your camcorder and tape the TV as is plays

not the best way but it would work

lol Roseman, that's exactly what I'm trying to do...I just dk how

deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deftdelivery » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:56 pm

moochman wrote:Let me preface this by saying that I am by no means a wiz when it comes to these newfangled contraptions. That said, try running the video out feed from your VCR to your Camcorder using the RCA? jacks. This shoud give you a the picture you're looking for without any sound. Good luck Deft, we'll be looking for some hilarious clips in the future.

Mooch, help me out What are RCA jacks?

deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:00 pm

deftdelivery wrote:
moochman wrote:Let me preface this by saying that I am by no means a wiz when it comes to these newfangled contraptions. That said, try running the video out feed from your VCR to your Camcorder using the RCA? jacks. This shoud give you a the picture you're looking for without any sound. Good luck Deft, we'll be looking for some hilarious clips in the future.

Mooch, help me out What are RCA jacks?

Red, White, and yellow ccords are RCA jacks. The things you use to plug in your PS2 with. (unless you have a S-Video)
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby deftdelivery » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:53 pm

DOH!!!!!!!!

Guys, I figured out the problem...and argh it sucks!
To get behind the only TV in our house with video out slots, we had to painstakingly lower it onto the ground of a sliding platform kinda thing...the thing is HEAVY...well once I thought I had everything plugged in, moving it back onto that stupid sliding POS platform was the biggest pain in the ass I've ever gone thru. It takes 2 people to lift it and one person to hold the stupid sliding POS platform to ensure it doesnt slip and slide anywhere. Once we finally got it up there, I decided I'd never move that thing again.

Well guess what? When I plugged in the RCA stuff to the jacks, I plugged me into AUDIO out...not video out! ARGH!!!!!!

deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby NittanyLions » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:37 pm

deftdelivery wrote:DOH!!!!!!!!

Guys, I figured out the problem...and argh it sucks!
To get behind the only TV in our house with video out slots, we had to painstakingly lower it onto the ground of a sliding platform kinda thing...the thing is HEAVY...well once I thought I had everything plugged in, moving it back onto that stupid sliding POS platform was the biggest pain in the ass I've ever gone thru. It takes 2 people to lift it and one person to hold the stupid sliding POS platform to ensure it doesnt slip and slide anywhere. Once we finally got it up there, I decided I'd never move that thing again.

Well guess what? When I plugged in the RCA stuff to the jacks, I plugged me into AUDIO out...not video out! ARGH!!!!!!

LOL wow! sounds like fun. ;-D
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deftdelivery » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:39 pm

Okay, so I tried another TV...this one has video out, and its easy to get to...so I plug the RCA cords into the back of the tv in the right places, press record and...
still no picture from the TV..it just records the wall the cameras pointed at.

Anybody know much about JVC camcorders? Do I have to go into some special mode to film? Or do anything with the tv?

deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CKY_ROX » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:19 pm

umm, this is a bit of a tough one, you cant really do it unless you have the right cords (which are hard to find), you cant see the tv in the viewfinder because it has to be in plkay mode to see the tv. if you really want to do it you can try filing the TV but you might get the lines on the tv. if you get a mastrer tape it is possible to do it but you need to configure the camera and tape and its quite confusing

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Return to General Talk