James Stewart = Free Agent? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

James Stewart = Free Agent?

Moderator: Football Moderators

James Stewart = Free Agent?

Postby Canacuna » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:50 pm

Lions' free-agency activities will depend partly on fate of 4 veterans

Stewart is another player who will probably not get his bonus and will become a free agent. The Lions would like to restructure Stewart's contract (he's scheduled to make $6 million in salary next season), but Stewart wants to become an unrestricted free agent because of his uncertain future in Detroit.

Stewart had the big bonus added to his contract when he restructured it last year because he wanted to hold all the options in his hands. If Stewart, who is on the last year of his contract, is released, it's still possible he could return to Detroit if the Lions fail to significantly upgrade the running back position.

John Clayton said that the Lions are interested in Charlie Garner.

Raiders Garner to Test Waters

Garner turns 32 Friday, but he should draw a plenty of interest in free agency. He probably will draw looks from the Bucs, Lions, Cowboys and possibly the Super Bowl champion Patriots.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:54 am

I would love to see the Lions exchange Stewart for Garner. Garner is just the type of back that Mariucci likes in his west coast O. Good runner, great reciever. Doubt that they will pony up the money for him though. Stew needs a change of scenery, I think he may be a little pissed about being left in the preseason game longer than one would think, and suffering his shoulder seperation. Then the Lions placed him on IR when the time-table for recovery would give him the last third of the season to prove his worth. Good luck Stew.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:17 am

moochman wrote:I would love to see the Lions exchange Stewart for Garner. Garner is just the type of back that Mariucci likes in his west coast O. Good runner, great reciever. Doubt that they will pony up the money for him though. Stew needs a change of scenery, I think he may be a little pissed about being left in the preseason game longer than one would think, and suffering his shoulder seperation. Then the Lions placed him on IR when the time-table for recovery would give him the last third of the season to prove his worth. Good luck Stew.

Also helps that Garner played for SF a few years ago, also! :-) Can't remember if it was during Mariucci's tenure or not.

Steelers are still looking for a RB I think. Garner or Stewart might be good choices for them - probably Stewart more than Garner.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Great Gambini » Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:36 am

Do I hear RB Carousel?

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk