oh HELL YES! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

oh HELL YES!

Moderator: Football Moderators

oh HELL YES!

Postby awwchrist » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:44 pm

(Feb. 12, 2004) -- For the first time on television, NFL Network will provide football fans with the most comprehensive look at the first steps the nation's top collegiate players take toward becoming NFL pros in 2004 NFL Scouting Combine beginning Friday, Feb. 20 at 10 p.m. (ET) and continuing for six consecutive nights through Wednesday, Feb. 25.

With extensive access to daily workouts, head coaches, front-office personnel and the players, 2004 NFL Scouting Combine will give fans an exclusive opportunity in six one-hour episodes to see how teams are preparing for the upcoming NFL draft April 24-25.

2004 NFL Scouting Combine will be produced on location from the RCA Dome in Indianapolis, home of the six-day event. The following is a synopsis of NFL Network's 2004 NFL Scouting Combine coverage:

Friday, Feb. 20 -- Preview show
Saturday, February 21 -- Offensive linemen and running backs
Sunday, February 22 -- Running backs and quarterbacks
Monday, February 23 -- Tight ends and defensive linemen
Tuesday, February 24 -- Linebackers and defensive backs
Wednesday, February 25 -- Combine review and mock draft
NFL Network draft expert Mike Mayock along with College Football Sunday host Bill Patrick and legendary player personnel expert Gil Brandt serve as NFL Network's on-air team and will provide daily player progress reports on the approximately 300 top prospects invited to participate in the combine. 2004 NFL Scouting Combine will also examine the nature of this event and how its drills, tests and interviews are used to measure overall ability, strength, speed, agility, endurance and intelligence.

"From a fan's perspective, this is an opportunity they've never had until now -- a chance to see for themselves what their team sees when it comes to deciding who to take in the draft," said NFL Network President and CEO Steve Bornstein. "This is another benefit fans get with the advent of NFL Network."

2004 NFL Scouting Combine will feature interviews with head coaches and front-office personnel revealing the different philosophies teams use to assess young talent and answer key questions about the evaluation process. Topics include:

How important an attribute is mobility when judging quarterbacks?
How does an offensive scheme impact how a team rates offensive lineman and tight ends?
How important is a running back's time in the 40-yard dash?
Is lateral quickness more important for linebackers than physicality at the point of attack?
Mayock, analyst for NFL Network's College Football Sunday, was a former defensive back for the New York Giants (1982-84). Mayock has established himself as a respected college and NFL analyst through his work for ABC Sports, CBS Sports, ESPN and Fox Sports Net over the past dozen years. With his experience and connections with scouts, general managers and other key college and NFL personnel, Mayock is aptly dubbed NFL Network's "Draft Guru."

Brandt served as vice president of player personnel for the Cowboys from 1960-89 and helped Dallas grow into one of the most powerful and popular sports franchises in America. His innovative management and personnel systems are standard operating procedure today for many teams at the professional and collegiate levels nationwide. Brandt has spent the last eight years as NFL.com's main personnel expert and offers insight and commentary on all aspects of players and teams

Patrick has been a sports broadcaster since 1977. His experience includes serving as host and play-by-play announcer for ESPN and ESPN2, Speedvision, USA Network, Metro Channel and Outdoor Life Network. The NCAA Playoffs, Super Bowl, World Series, NBA Finals and America's Cup are among the events he has covered.

In addition to 2004 NFL Scouting Combine at 10 p.m. ET, NFL Network's signature show, NFL Total Access, continues to be the source for the latest news and information around the NFL and will provide daily combine coverage as well each weeknight at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

NFL Network is carried on DIRECTV's basic service that is seen in more than 12.2 million homes on Channel 212, and is also available on Voom's satellite service on Channel 312, and starting this month on cable via Charter Communications systems.

--------------

bout damn time!!!
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby NittanyLions » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:05 pm

cool

too bad i have digital cable :,-(
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby nebula » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:19 pm

NittanyLions wrote:cool

too bad i have digital cable :,-(

me too :-t
Great to know thanks aww. ;-D ;-D
Keepers League:
P Manning, J Flacco
LT2, C Portis, T Hightower, S Greene, D Brown
M Colston, Q, D Jax, MSW, B Tate, M Wallace,
J Carlson, D Keller
N Keding
Chi
nebula
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Sandwich » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:34 pm

Good fix for the NFL junkie in Feb.
"They're Killing Me Whitey! They're Killing Me"!
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Shatner8 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:35 pm

Alright.....More NFL coverage ;-D
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Roseman » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:11 pm

And the Canadians get screwed again by our goverment!!!!!

cause they will not allow Direct TV into Canada
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby steelyeri » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:30 pm

Roseman wrote:And the Canadians get screwed again by our goverment!!!!!

cause they will not allow Direct TV into Canada

why not? what ever happenned to NAFTA

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Homeless » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:42 pm

Another reason to dump cable and go with the dish.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Go Vikes » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:52 pm

Cool. I think I'll watch some of it.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:13 pm

I wish it wasn't so late at night but I'll have to catch some of it. It should be very interesting.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk