Which WR?????

Postby Fakker » Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:32 pm

owens for sure then who
WR
McCaffery- coming off injury-St. Louis D
Gardner- #1 WR in the fun in gun-Arz D
Price- with new qb bledsoe should have a great year due to qb change-NYJ D
2WR's start
I am leaning towards Gardner due to ARZ's weak D and Spurrier will be looking to live to the hype of the "fun and Gun"
God Dawm I'm Hooked on FF
Fakker
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:41 pm

i like gardner too. i have been recomending him to people all week. sure hope he doesnt blow it...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby hok26 » Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:55 pm

I'll always try and help out another 9'r fan. To me, your decision is b/t Price and Gardner. Besides Moulds, Price is Bledsoe's only real target, while Gardner is in an offense that will spread the ball all over. In the end, I'd go with Gardner because he's the safe pick, but Price wouldn't be a reach at all.
hok26

Friendliness: %

The Price Isn't Right

Postby DraftDodger » Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:41 am

Price will get receptions, probably for respectable fantasy numbers, but be very wary. Bledsie has his favorites, and plays them, and he can't look off a receiver to save his life. Moulds will get most of the attention from Bledsoe, with Riemersma and the RBs getting their share of blitz dump passes. Bledsoe and Coates were a great tandem and Bledsoe will probably give Riemersma the chance to fill Coates' shoes.

If you see anyone dropping Bledsoe's passes repeatedly, trade them. Bledsoe won't pass to anyone who pisses him off. Likewise, if you see someone starting to get more passes their way from Bledsoe, the trend will likely continue. I remember games where a receiver would drop the first pass and never see the ball again all game, even when streaking all alone for the endzone. Many QBs probably share these traits somewhat, but Bledsoe goes to extremes on people he favors or puts in the doghouse. Montana was one of the few QBs I've ever seen who really shook a play off after it was over and would go right back to a guy after a dropped pass. We could use another Joe Montana.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Who to start?

Postby trentvaughn » Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:05 pm

I would pick Gardner as well. Arizona's pass d is all new, and hopefully he'll be able to run Fun-n-Gun style all over them.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk