Need Another Reason to Hate the Yankees? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Need Another Reason to Hate the Yankees?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:38 pm

what a fantasy STUD hes gonna be. the best hitter allready, now ss AND 3b eligible in the middle of the best lineup in the game! 8-o
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:48 pm

terpfan wrote:what a fantasy STUD hes gonna be. the best hitter allready, now ss AND 3b eligible in the middle of the best lineup in the game! 8-o
That's exactly what I have been thinking...very nice.

The only downside to this trade that I see for the Rangers it that Soriano is a bad defensive player...A-Rod is a gold glover. Their offensive numbers are both awesome. A-Rod will hit more homers but Soriano steals more bases. Both BAs are very nice.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:39 pm

It's a great trade for Texas because it gets them out from under that silly contract.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:42 pm

I believe he was going to change to 3B at some point during his career anyway, so I guess it will sooner than later.

I saw an impromptu interview with Ben Affleck at Daytona. Being a huge Red Sox fan, he was obviously pretty P.O.'ed about this deal. His main argument is that everyone on their starting roster was taken from another team and was not building a team from scatch at all. Of course, when you can spend that much money, why do that?

Sometimes rent-a-teams don't work (see NY Rangers in the NHL). Will they really be able to play together and will they have the pitching required to win the World Series? Kevin Brown WILL get hurt this year like he always does, Vazquez is still not completely proven and is now pitching in a different league of hitters, and after Mussina they have very little depth. They also have no lefties as starters at the present time, until they buy someone else.

If nothing else, it does make good drama for baseball at the beginning of the year.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:43 pm

M_Zimm wrote:
Purple_Pride wrote:i dunno, the yanks get a guy who is 6 years older who wont be able to play SS and have to give up one of their starters. i mean A-Rod is beetter but Soriano is a guy who is still gonna bat 300 and get his 40-40. who plays second now for the Yanks? and who is in the rotation other than brown, mussina and Vasquez?
i heard the payroll is now 190 million and they have 6 of the 12 biggest contracts in baseball. ridiculous.

Yea, I agree with ya that I don't think it is that great of a trade for them, but it is the idea of them just being able to get the best player in baseball just like that. As far as the trade, I agree. I thought that Aaron Boone was a pretty good third baseman for them. I didn't think he needed replacing. Soriano is very young as you said and could get 40/40 any year. Didn't he have like 39/42 two years ago?

Aaron Boone was pretty good for them, but he tore his ACL or something and is out for the year. The problem with Soriano is that he has a horrible batting average and even worse K/BB ratio. You could tell Torre and Steinbrenner were upset by his performance in the playoffs last year especially (wasn't he benched the last two games of the World Series?).

Anyway, their lineup is going to be crazy...

C - Jorge Posada
1B - Jason Giambi
2B - Erick Almonte/Miguel Cairo/Enrique Wilson/Mike Lamb
3B - Alex Rodriguez
SS - Derek Jeter
RF - Gary Sheffield
CF - Bernie Williams
LF - Hideki Matsui

Luckily, their starting pitching is a mess right now (until they sign Maddux or something)...

Mike Mussina
Kevin Brown
Javier Vasquez
Jon Lieber (?)
?

Anyway, I'm going to be reserving my tickets for every game they play in Seattle (May and August series) tomorrow. Go me.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Previous

Return to General Talk