Two Tribes Talking Trade? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Two Tribes Talking Trade?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:31 pm

oh and i know you being good doesnt make you a leader...bettis is a leader while he is sucking. moss is great but i doubt hes a leader. favre is good and a great rally-man. i realize leaders arent necessarily good or bad ;-D
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:52 pm

As a Chiefs fan let me interject some thoughts from a Kansas CIty perspective.

- If this goes through, then no matter what the ramifications, I will be impressed by the KC brass for being aggressive and doing so very early.

- I am of the opinion that Our secondary (If we re-sign Jerome Woods), is fine....would I like an upgrade @ CB? Yes, but its not the biggest problem by any means IMHO

-I think KC has some players in the front seven, specifically the D-Line, but Greg Robinson wasnt utilizing them. I think Cunningham will do wonders for our D-Line, but I will admit that we need MAJOR help @ LB, Maslowski is a nice backup...and I think Barber will be better suited playing alongside a good inside backer instead of being the focal point.

-That being said, I wouldnt do the champ thing....man I would love to have him but we have bigger needs....our CBs get teh job done, and the best coverage is a good pass rush.

- I think KC needs to do the Burress trade. If we are looking to upgrade @ WR I see him as better than anyone we would get @ #30 in Round 1, (someone like Rashaun Woods or Lee Evans). Yeah, he drops some passes, but so does Johnie Morton (See playoff loss to Indy). That being all the same, Plax is bigger faster, stronger, and not to mention younger

-After doing that deal, trade Morton for like a third, and maybe some MLB help....I would rather have Kennison as a #2 WR than Morton, for many reasons.

- I would make a run, money permitting, for the top UFA MLB out thjere, I am thinking Al Wilson, but Denver may franchise him.

That is a mouthful, but thats a KC fan perspective.
Arrowhead Nation
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:31 pm

LB are the primary need of KC i agree. they NEED to stop the rush as a MAJOR priority. LBs are a key to this. I say this because pittsburgh is constantly a strong rush d and mainly because they have the best LB core in the nation with gildon/farrior/porter/bell. their d-line isnt overally talented besides hampton. bailey will improve the defense, but isnt what they need to make a major change.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:42 pm

I think the big stumbling block with Bailey is that even if you trade for him, you still have to sign for him. He wants an awful lot of cash for a CB. I wonder if the Skins are trying to roll the dice hoping that they can get a pick for a player they have no intention of keeping.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:49 pm

i sorta hope he goes to pittsburgh weve got no good CBs...thats our problem...we signed terry fair so were trying atleast...id like champ though we dont have the money :-t
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deftdelivery » Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:27 am

Chiefs do NOT need a strong receiver yet...their offense was good enough last year! We all know that defense is terrible...if they get a WR, get one cheap that has the potential of becoming a good player...for now, get as much help as you can on D Where it's needed
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby terpfan » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:43 pm

NittanyLions wrote:oh and i know you being good doesnt make you a leader...bettis is a leader while he is sucking. moss is great but i doubt hes a leader. favre is good and a great rally-man. i realize leaders arent necessarily good or bad ;-D

then why did u say it? ;-)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Strider » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:25 am

Go Vikes wrote:They need a reciever MORE. Ooooooh, One good DB. Man, that'll have the opposing quarterback have nightmares about the defense

yea they need wrs to help that run happy offense get a little more balanced and they SERIOUSLY need help on defense
Strider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk