Favorite Baseball park - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Favorite Baseball park

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:49 pm

I was so glad when our speech and debate team decided to go to Wrigley Field when we were at a National Championship Tournament in Chicago. I was loving it because I realized where I was at. The only bad thing was that we were on the third base shade seats in May. The ivy wasn't out yet, it was probably only about 45 degrees, plus the wind was insane. I didn't care because I was wearing three shirts and two pairs of pants (I dress accordingly). But, most of the girls that were there wanted to leave because they were totally freezing. We left in the 6th inning, so I didn't even get to sing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" with Harry Carey. That I wasn't too pleased with either. Otherwise I had a good time (plus I was sitting right next to a girl I liked so it was a bonus).
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:36 pm

Fenway! ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:29 am

The SkyDome up here was ART for about the first week or two,,,,,,,,,,,,I am much more a fan of the ole parks and parks like Cameden ;-D
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby sinnlos26 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:35 pm

PNC's built nice and gives you the old "baseball was the way of life" feel... too bad there arent any real legends here anymore.
i havent been to many, if any others...no wait 3 rivers but thats gone... :-?
sinnlos26 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:02 pm

sinnlos26 wrote:PNC's built nice and gives you the old "baseball was the way of life" feel... too bad there arent any real legends here anymore.
i havent been to many, if any others...no wait 3 rivers but thats gone... :-?

My first game was in Three Rivers - up in level 640!!! God, that was so high up; I was afraid I was going to fall off the overhang. Luckily, that was when the Pirates were really good and that day Doug Drabek pitched a three hitter as the Pirates won 3-0 over the Padres. I had a lot of fun at that game.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby sinnlos26 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:15 pm

i remember three rivers...we always sat in the last row or close to it, and the fence to keep people from jumping out was broken behind us :-o i was afraid of falling over the side too, and i was leaning on a wall eerily similar to the one that collapsed at the time it did collapse... :-o
not a very happy experience.
it was a good plan for a multi-functional stadium, but i dont think it was good for either sport at all. you couldnt see the field really at all when they were playing...then again i was a little kid most of the time
sinnlos26 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:33 pm

Haven't been to a whole ton of them:

Wrigley (cubs), Turner (braves), Fulton County (old Braves), Tropicana (Drays), Pro Player (Marlins), and Kingdome (old Mariners).

Without a doubt, the best is Tropicana field. Why? BECAUSE THEY HAVE AN OUTBACK IN THE STADIUM, GAME OVER THREAD WON, THANK YOU.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby sinnlos26 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:38 pm

theres one in PNC too, bagel
sinnlos26 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:45 pm

game still on bagel. Thank you.

yeah pnc has an outback in the stadium. [/b]
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:47 pm

sinnlos26 wrote:it was a good plan for a multi-functional stadium, but i dont think it was good for either sport at all. you couldnt see the field really at all when they were playing...then again i was a little kid most of the time

well maybe that was because you were up top where they always had the covers one ;-D
it wasnt bad when you sat anywhere but up there...the steeler games werent as football-feelish there but it was ok for baseball
that was made when those stadiums were in though
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk