WHAT NOW?! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

WHAT NOW?!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby awwchrist » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:45 am

hayesb26 wrote:Of course, im sure you think DUKE is going all the way every year ...

Well Duke fans have had reason to.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DUKE » Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:06 am

Shatner8 wrote:Duhon doesnt gaev personality? Come on Hayes.......Hes one of the best leaders ive seen come through duke.......Granted he doesnt have the skill that Williams and Battier had. I still think Dukes winning it all this year

well said...don't mind Hayes, he's still bitter about his Heels taking the backseat to Duke in the ACC year after year. :-D
Duhon is a great floor general. He could score a lot more if he needed too, but assumes his role of spreading the ball around to get shots for the plethora of talent surrounding him. When a things break down and the shot clock starts winding down, he always seems to find a seam and beat his man to the hole on a drive. If he needs to shoot outside, he is very capable, and plays the ball great on defense as well. The thing about this Duke team is that they play great D. There really isn't much of a weakness in their lineup. Reddick is probably the weakest link in that dept., but his outside shooting and attention he demands from the opposing teams make up for it, and that's not necessarily saying that he's a bad defender. It's hard to say anyone is winning it all with the way college basketball is. A less talented team can win a game if they happen to be hot from behind the arc in a particular game, but if I had to put my money on someone, I would feel safer putting it on Duke over any other team I've seen play this year. I think they are more balanced than I've seen them in a few years, offensively and defensively.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby hayesb26 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:23 pm

hey DUKE. what happened to your boys last night against the decans?

tough loss. i also lost all respect for JJ Redick last night, i really disliked him after the tech he got in the GT game but last night he really disapointed me. How did he not get a technical for that anyway? also had a horrid shooting night and foul trouble

great game too, i thought Duke had it when they were up 10 with 18 min to go.. should be interesting to see where duke is in thenext rankings..
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Shatner8 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:27 pm

Hey Hayes, May i remind you of what the score was when Duke and UNC played........
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby hayesb26 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:36 pm

duke won by 2 with a last-few seconds layup in overtime..

Your point shatner??
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DUKE » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:03 pm

I figured I'd be hearing from you Hayes }:-) . It was a tough loss. Chris Paul played his #ss off and really impressed me. We've had 2 tough road games in a row and I think the games might be good for them in the long run, considering the tournament is just around the corner. They hadn't had to play much from behind until these last two games, and thats something they need to get soem experience with before the big dance. They just need to regroup and make another run. They'll be just fine and will definitely be ready on 03/06/04 when we get your Heels to come to into Cameron. :-D

Time to start another streak, begining with The Terps.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Shatner8 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:04 pm

My point is that you have nothing to say.....We went in and beat your team, in your house.......Thats gotta hurt
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby hayesb26 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:09 pm

well shatner, when your playing the #1 team in the nation you dont exactly expect to pick up a quick W. i was very pleased with the way UNC played duke in that game, it could have gone either way, but it just happened to fall dukes way that time.

oh and duke, of course you hear from me ;-) Paul is amazing, hell be a great player in the ACC. Levy is also a solid player for the decans. oh and before i forget, your boys better be watching their backs there on MARCH SIXTH! unc will give them another hell of a game. ;-D
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DUKE » Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:10 pm

hayesb26 wrote:oh and duke, of course you hear from me ;-) Paul is amazing, hell be a great player in the ACC. Levy is also a solid player for the decans. oh and before i forget, your boys better be watching their backs there on MARCH SIXTH! unc will give them another hell of a game. ;-D

can't wait...and after that game: "you'll be hearing from me" B-)
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thelongestyard » Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:54 pm

DUKE wrote:
Time to start another streak, begining with The Terps.

Might as well continue with the one they are on there, DUKE... B-) I know with the PB, ole Shat will insist I have no room to talk either, but what the heck....lol. Since I haven't taken this PB off since the last game, it may not be worth it to you to go the PB route again. To make it interesting.......Terps win: you don the PB......Duke wins: I wear the classic Blue Devils avatar til March Madness. ;-) .....with a lil silly note in my "location".
thelongestyard
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to College Football