What You've All Been Waiting For... Kordell Stewart News! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What You've All Been Waiting For... Kordell Stewart News!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Football Newbie » Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:54 pm

i was watching a behind the glory on kordell and it seems like he was OBSESSED with becoming a QB. that is all he wanted to do even though it really wasnt his best posision.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:35 pm

fantasizing wrote:The Michael Vick of 6 years ago. You know, the guys that run around like a chicken and can't throw an accurate pass if their life depended on it.

Not quite. Michael Vick has a cannon for an arm and can be extremely accurate. The Falcons retained Mike Johnson (the only Reeves coach they kept) as the QB coach. Apparently they were impressed with Vick's progress enough to keep him. Maybe that bodes well for his coming play at the QB position.

I remember listening to a Troy Aikman interview some time ago, and he believes the reason why most QBs fail in the NFL is because there aren't enough good QB coaches. I'm inclined to agree because there are so many highly touted QB prospects that come out of the draft every year. You can't say they ALL were busts and results of poor scouting. Somewhere along the line, the coaching failed them.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:11 pm

He's an up-down player. he had about a 3 bad years: 1 ratio in pittsburgh. i was never a believer in him. he wanted to leav epittsburgh b/c he thought he was starting material and a great player. HA! looks like even now hes not convinced hes not a starter. :-t

vick has one hell of an arm. he can throw as far running as i can normally. coaching is some of it but not all. coaches will NOT change your arm. all they will do is help you to make smart decisions and run plays.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby sinnlos26 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:50 pm

i can say as well that i did not like kordell either. he always tried to hold onto it trying to find a way out, and many times it cost us a score and a game. when maddox took over it was like a blast out of nowhere, but even now hes beginning to get a little shoddy.
either way i didnt like kordell

oh and nittany...since when have you had the greatest arm? :-)
sinnlos26 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:02 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:oh yeah I remember him..........he'd make a great qb in the cfl ;-D

He would look great in an Argos jersey.

We'll give you a bag of pucks for him. Deal?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Canacuna » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:03 pm

Argos wrote:
Canadian Seahawk wrote:oh yeah I remember him..........he'd make a great qb in the cfl ;-D

Pucks have no value down here...

Sounds fair enough, though.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:52 pm

sinnlos26 wrote:oh and nittany...since when have you had the greatest arm? :-)

i can throw far...illl show you sometime. plus i was saying vick's arm is really good, not mine. i can throw about 50-60 yds.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:00 pm

NittanyLions wrote:
sinnlos26 wrote:oh and nittany...since when have you had the greatest arm? :-)

i can throw far...illl show you sometime. plus i was saying vick's arm is really good, not mine. i can throw about 50-60 yds.

...If you believe everything you see on T.V., Vick can throw the football into the cheap seats.

I never learned to throw the football very well (still have a hard time with my spiral). That's why I mostly played defense...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby CC » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:26 pm

Argos wrote:

Whoa, whoa, whoa.
Let's not make offers we can't take back.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk