Rank these QBs for a dynasty league - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rank these QBs for a dynasty league

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Sandwich » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:03 pm

Grab one of the two rookie studs and stick him on your bench and wait.
"They're Killing Me Whitey! They're Killing Me"!
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Purple_Pride » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:16 pm

collins then couch. alteast couch is young and could still improve. but yeah if the rookies are there id take one them first.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:40 pm

Collins is the only sure starter you have on the board.

I agree Brunell is an interesting pick. If he ends up in the right place he could have a decent season

People have been waiting for Couch to develop for years. He is a risky pick but could have a huge payoff.

I would rank them
Collins (because Harrington as your main back up makes me nervous)
Couch - money has it he will get his chance this year
Brunell-
Maddox
Fielder

Friendliness: %

Postby Enoch » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:28 pm

Purple_Pride wrote:collins then couch. alteast couch is young and could still improve. but yeah if the rookies are there id take one them first.

;-D I agree
Enoch
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jeru » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:16 am

Thanks, guys. I decided to grab Couch, because what I wanted more from my 4th QB is upside over value for 2004, because Garcia and Brad Johnson are my starters for next year and both are fairly old, and Collins is no younger and may not even be the starter next year. I will gamble that Couch can have a Matt Hasselbeck-like career path and develop into a solid QB in his late 20s.

I also still have the 1st pick in the rookie draft and I can get Manning or Roethlisberger as a 5th QB, and having 5 starting QBs in a league where we start 3 might give me nice trade bait. That is unless another owner desperate for that 1st rookie pick agrees to give me Steve Smith and Jake Delhomme for my first pick.
jeru
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Canacuna » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:28 am

I would have ranked Couch third behind Collins and Brunell had you not chosen already...

As for your #1 rookie pick...

I'd draft another QB in your veteran draft if you really want five QBs. Manning or Roethlisberger could be stars, but just as easily could be the next Akili Smith, Cade McNown, Kyle Boller, Drew Brees, etc. i.e. either a complete bust, or just average. I'd take someone who has a good shot at making an impact like Larry Fitzgerald or Roy Williams (maybe Stephen Jackson or Kevin Jones - but your RBs are pretty solid if I remember correctly).
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby jeru » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:38 am

I can probably get Maddox or Brunell in the veteran draft, but that would leave me with 3 QBs in their mid-30s who probably have only another year or two left, and having Harrington and Couch as my future starting QBs scares me. I also am not big on taking someone like Fitzgerald because I have plenty of decent WRs.

I agree Collins, Brunell, and Maddox should be better than Couch short term but I was hoping not to start any of these guys next year anyway, so Collins might have a good year but still be less use to me than if Couch somehow turns it around.

Right now I have:

QB: Garcia, BJohnson, Harrington, Couch
RB: Lewis, Alexander, Shipp, Foster
WR: Ward, Boldin, Mason, J.Smith, Lelie
TE:
K:
DL/LB: R.Lewis
DB:
jeru
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator