Sleeper pick? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sleeper pick?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sleeper pick?

Postby TTTBone » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:27 pm

Okay, I'm bored, so I'll give ya a little, somewhat old, news courtesy Fanball.com.

Feb 13, 2004 10:12AM ET
Bears: Shea has big plans for Terrell

THE NEWS

New Bears offensive coordinator Terry Shea has big plans for the team's top pick from the 2001 draft. "My impression of David Terrell is very high right now, and that's based on a number of games that I've watched on tape," Shea said in response to questions on the team's web site. "He was certainly underused, or for whatever reason he was not allowed to catch a high number of passes last year. But in terms of watching him run routes, avoid defenders on his way into routes, and his explosiveness off the line of scrimmage, I am really excited that David Terrell is here in Chicago and he is going to fit this offense very well."

OUR VIEW

It's hardly news to fantasy owners that Terrell was underused in Dick Jauron's ultra-conservative offense, so it's nice to see that their new OC at least recognizes his talent. Dez White is a free agent and won't be back, which could finally open the door for David. If Terrell has the right attitude, he could start and have a breakout year in their new, more wide-open scheme.

Hardly worthy of a draft pick, but someone to keep an early eye on for a waiver pick-up.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:31 pm

Any Bears WR has to rebound from what was a horrendous 2003 passing game.

You Booker owners know what I'm talkin about.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CKY_ROX » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:55 pm

dhahah yea, i need booker to step up next year

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby moochman » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:18 am

Terrell looked like a can't miss stud when he was at Michigan. Big, fast, great hands....but a poor work ethic. If he can dedicate himself in the off-season who knows?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby latraffic » Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:01 am

Normally it takes WR one or two seasons to make an impact. Rookie WRs tend to struggle for reasons I'm not sure of. Coming into year three now, this could be a great year for Terrell assuming Kordell is NOT the loser behind center. Nice Sleeper, TTTBone.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:01 pm

If I'm not mistaken last year was Terrell's third season. I loved the guy when he was at Michigan and he looked like he would be a great redzone threat. If I see one big game early in the season I'm going to pick him up for sure.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:39 am

I'd wait until you see Terrell being used a lot during the exhibition games and the first few weeks of the season before taking a risk with him. He definitely looked great in college but I'm still skeptical as to what he is capable of in the NFL.

When there's a new coach in town, he usually attempts bringing the morale up of players who were often misused or rarely used at all. Tom Coughlin is currently doing the same thing with Ron Dayne.

...Sleepers are always nice, though (I know I'm glad I hung on to Santana Moss and Steve Smith in my league). I'll be keeping my eye on him.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Gunslinger » Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:03 am

latraffic wrote:Normally it takes WR one or two seasons to make an impact. Rookie WRs tend to struggle for reasons I'm not sure of. Coming into year three now, this could be a great year for Terrell assuming Kordell is NOT the loser behind center. Nice Sleeper, TTTBone.

I could be wrong, but I think it has more to do with route running than anything else. That's why Boldin had so much early success - he's a fantastic route runner. In college a lot of the highly touted WRs could simply out run the DBs but in the NFL the DBs are just as fast as the WRs. The successful WRs are solid with their routes and have developed timing with their QBs.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk