Various News from Around the League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Various News from Around the League

Moderator: Football Moderators

Various News from Around the League

Postby CC » Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:09 pm

Courtesy of profootballtalk.com

The Jets plan to drop CB Aaron Beasley and to jump into the fray for Redskins CB Champ Bailey.

The 'Skins might slap the franchise tag on Bailey early in order to prevent any confusion regarding the fact that anyone who strikes a deal with his agent at the combine needs to work out a trade with D.C.

The Cardinals plan to talk to Bailey's agent about the salary expecations -- new coach Denny Green was hot for Bailey in 1999, when the Vikings settled for QB Daunte Culpepper.

The Redskins are very close to acquiring QB Mark Brunell for a third-round draft pick.

There's mutual interest between WR Terrell Owens and the Miami Dolphins (if the move goes down, we predict problems between T.O. and Ricky Williams).

Browns QB Kelly Holcomb has had shoulder surgery, which will prevent him from throwing for 4-6 months.

From the "why in the hell was there even a doubt?" file: Doug Williams was getting paid $100,000 a year to coach Grambling; he's now signed a three-year deal with the Bucs worth more than $1 million.

There's a buzz regarding the ability of Ohio State QB Craig Krenzel to develop into a solid pro quarterback; his choice of a demanding course of study kept him from focusing full-time on football.

Film review after the Super Bowl reveals that Panthers LB Dan Morgan was in on 25 tackles.

Cowboys RT Ryan Young might retire if his knee does not improve.

Titans G Benji Olson gets a $2.465 million bonus in exchange for a contract restructuring that reduces hi 2004 cap number by $1.85 million; the Titans are still $17 million over the cap.

Past trades quietly have left the Rams with only four draft picks in 2004.

WR James McKnight could be the odd man out in Miami.

The courtroom ownership squabble in Denver went to the jury on Tuesday.

There is speculation that QB Kordell Stewart will sign with Buffalo, where he'd be reunited with former Steelers assistants Mike Mularkey and Tom Clements.

There are growing indications that QB Vinny Testaverde won't be back with the Jets in 2004.

Titans QB Steve McNair will be out of action for 10-12 weeks in the offseason after surgery to remove a bone spur in his ankle.

The Bucs have hired Roxanne Kosarzycki as general counsel; she spent 14 years with the Raiders.

Ravens CB Gary Baxter faces 4-8 weeks of rehab after undergoing hernia surgery.

Steelers FB Dan Kreider plans to test the market after the team's offer reflects what we've reported -- they don't want him back.

I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Various News from Around the League

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:20 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Courtesy of profootballtalk.com

There's mutual interest between WR Terrell Owens and the Miami Dolphins

Sign TO, let Ogunleye go w/ a 1st round pick as compensation, trade both 1st round picks to chargers for #1 overall pick, draft Manning.

:drool:
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Re: Various News from Around the League

Postby CC » Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:25 pm

all while 7 or 8 million over the salary cap
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Purple_Pride » Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:38 pm

TO to the Dolphins would be interesting, TO and Chambers would make a real nice 1-2 punch along with Ricky, but i just cant see it happening. If Bailey isnt going to be a Viking, Id love to see him go to the Cardinals, i really want Dennis Green to succeed in Arizona and Chmap sure would help. and Stewart to Buffalo???? who cares.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby NittanyLions » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:12 pm

Miami isn't THAT smart Bagel ;-)
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Roseman » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:11 pm

Some intresting little tidbits there but I still cant see Bailey going anywhere and Stewart going to Buffalo seems an intresting prospect as well, especially if Bledsoe struggles early in the season
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Return to Football Talk