The advice from this site cost me the playoffs !!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The advice from this site cost me the playoffs !!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

The advice from this site cost me the playoffs !!!!

Postby former guest » Sun Dec 15, 2002 7:13 pm

I should have stuck w/my gut !
former guest

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby robbykrieger » Sun Dec 15, 2002 7:44 pm

Your final decisions are yours, and no one else's. Do not blame this site, or anyone other than yourself; especially if you're going to remain anonymous!!!
robbykrieger
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Excellent point

Postby guest » Sun Dec 15, 2002 9:27 pm

You can only blame yourself for your line-up.

I did stick with my gut and started William Green instead of Corey Dillon. But, it was nice to be able to hear what other people thought.

So, don't blame anyone but yourself for your lineup!

Postby JayM09 » Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:09 pm

agreed
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Slingblade » Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:12 pm

looks like you cant take in the fact that you made the wrong choice and you have to blame it on us. why dont you grow up and take it like a man.
i lost in the playoffs in one of my leagues because of the advice here and you dont here me whining
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Highwayman » Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:51 pm

For what it's worth, the advice on this site put me in the league championship. Some luck was also involved, but mostly picking the right match-ups when I could.

Here is my lineup:

Bret Favre
Chad Pennington
Shaun Alexander
William Green
Charlie Garner
Marcel Shipp
Derrick Mason
Lav Coles
Chad Johnson
Koren Robinson
Eric Johnson
David Akers
Giants Defense
Colts Defense

FA pickups, playing the right matchups and good advice (this website) among others = success. Yes, it's possible to win without Priest Holmes but I wouldn't mind having him on my team next year!!
Highwayman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dude » Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:58 pm

Hmmmmmm. I won easily with the advice from this site, though I went with my gut (against advice) by starting Chambers instead of McCaffrey. And people on this site let me know that Morten Andersen was injured, as I carelessly failed to check up to the last minute. Sounds like sour grapes. :~(
Dude

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:22 pm

Want a little cheese with that whine?How 'bout a Waahhburger & some french cries?

Can't win 'em all...try being a good sport & learn from your losses.You drafted or picked up your players...we didn't.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby thelongestyard » Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:00 am

Gee, you jack-arse, did you not read the fine print? We planned it that way all along. Ahahahahaha!!!!! Seriously, get a grip and learn to make your own decisions. We all have gotten a mixed bag of advice, some which we have used, and some we have left behind. Went with my gut (and used some advice), took charge of my own team, and am on my way to the Super Bowl. If you are truly leaving us, then good riddance. We have a great group of people here, and most of them have the common courtesy of letting us know who they are. Good luck in finding a place like the ole Cafe.
thelongestyard
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dazedncnfz » Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:18 am

Hey lets not forget.......There no crying in Football!...or was it Baseball?!... I think its both! and there def no cying on this site. If you don't like what we have to say, you don't have to listen. We are here to lean on each other, we ask advice and give our own. We don't say our picks are money in the back, that is for the indivual to decide.I didn;t even make the playoffs!....and not in any one of my post will see orever have seen me blane anyone on this site. Theres no room on this site for whiners, take your leave and don't bother coming back, unless you have a attitude change.

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk