Fantasy Football sleepers for 2004? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fantasy Football sleepers for 2004?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:06 pm

All I have to say is that if Roy Williams goes to Jacksonville, he and Leftwich will be the best QB/WR Duo in the league for a long time. He's hugely underrated because of his stats this past year but if you watched him all year like I did you would know what I'm talking about. The man is 6'3 220 runs a 4.3 has velcro for hands and can flat out break tackles. He will have an instant impact.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Azrael » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:06 pm

Sakrafyce wrote:Don't agree on William Green. Im not a big fan of his and don't see him being the stud everyone has wanted him to be.

I agree. Green's a huge bust. Lawrence Phillips carbon copy. Mucho talent but too many off the field problems will probably see him out of the league in the next couple years. Suggs is your man in Cleveland. You'll probably be able to get him in the 8th round or later as well with the "threat" (I use loosely) of William Green. With the situation in Cleveland, I think at best Suggs will be the main guy, at worst RBBC. So if you take a chance on any guy, take a chance on Suggs.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby converge241 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:19 am

whoever the starting detroit rb is

harrington dumps a lot of passes to the rb, and im guessing they will at least upgrade with a rookie in the draft

the tennesee RFA duo of mccarriens and drew bennett even if they are somewhere else

Quentin griffin - pretty self explanitory and not really an under the radar sleeper much longer

Tim rattay and josh mcnown if they are both given the reigns..i dont think mcnown is as good as rattay but may have better fantasy number cause cardinals have a worse D than the 9ers so the cardinals will have to play catch up and get tons of great fantasy yards/garbage points

if the redskins draft him watch for that TE winslow he could be huge depending on what team drafts him (as in certain teams would have him as a go to guy but others might not)
Black and Gold through and through
The Six Time Super Bowl CHAMPIONS
converge241
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bearbelly » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:23 pm

I would love to see the Lions get a solid back i the draft. What do you think of Griffin now in Denver?
bearbelly
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby TheHeat24 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:25 pm

I can see the broncos drafting someone like Julius Jones or Michael " The Burner" Turner, guys with blazing speed and good change of direction skills.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:38 pm

Also a guy like Chris Perry in the 1st (too high) or Tatum Bell in the second (steal, the man has 4.3 speed) could be good fits for the Broncos.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:42 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Also a guy like Chris Perry in the 1st (too high) or Tatum Bell in the second (steal, the man has 4.3 speed) could be good fits for the Broncos.

Greg Jones, Tatum Bell, Julius Jones, Michael Turner, or Cedric Cobbs are all decent. (Chris Perry is overrated.)

I think that Greg Jones has the potential to be a solid NFL starter in his career and would be a great fit in Denver.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby CC » Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:53 pm

Although I think that Greg Jones is a better RB than all of those other one that were mentioned, I don't think he's the quick, slashing back the Broncos are used to having. Possibly a Mike Anderson-type though.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:47 pm

Ya I agree, Greg Jones does not have the change of direction ability to compliment the pulling style of the bronco o-line, he is the best RB prospect after jones and jackson though.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk