Colorado Situation - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Colorado Situation

Moderator: Football Moderators

Colorado Situation

Postby Shatner8 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:19 pm

Whats your take on this??

I thought it was appauling that Barnett made a comment about the girl kicker being "Terrible".......It was tottally out of context and did not need to be said, i thought that was very immature and stupid of him.....He didnt make any fans saying that
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:06 am

I think any sports journalist has already portraited every sentiment against Gary Barnett that could possibly be conjured.

What an ass.

Frankly, I love to see Colorado go down in flames. Ever since they TORCHED U of O in the '96 Cotton Bowl (Rick Neuheisel at the helm nonetheless) with a $#^%$# job of going for it on 4th and 7 at midfield in the 4th quarter during a 30 point blow-out...

Screw em.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:39 am

Admittedly I'm not sure I actually know the full story, as I haven't followed this closely because it's all kinda boring to me. But I don't really see the huge deal with the comments about Hnida being a terrible kicker. It sounds to me like he was blowing off some steam from a situation where someone above him probably pressured him to use up a roster spot to keep her on the team even though she wasn't any good just because she was a girl.

I really don't see how saying that she was a terrible player is the thing that's being blown up and got him on administrative leave as opposed to the multiple rape allegations...

Saying a player is terrible vs. rape....seems to me one of those should be worthy of getting your coach put on administrative leave, and it's definitely not commenting on a player's skill. Whether it was out of context or not, coaches say players are terrible all the time. When Spurrier was at UF, he must've called at least 100 guys terrible.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Shatner8 » Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:44 am

Free Bagel wrote:I don't really see the huge deal with the comments about Hnida being a terrible kicker. It sounds to me like he was blowing off some steam from a situation where someone above him probably pressured him to use up a roster spot to keep her on the team even though she wasn't any good just because she was a girl.

I really don't see how saying that she was a terrible player is the thing that's being blown up and got him on administrative leave as opposed to the multiple rape allegations...

Saying a player is terrible vs. rape....seems to me one of those should be worthy of getting your coach put on administrative leave, and it's definitely not commenting on a player's skill. Whether it was out of context or not, coaches say players are terrible all the time. When Spurrier was at UF, he must've called at least 100 guys terrible.

The thing is, it was really not the time to be saying something like that.....It was tottally boneheaded on his part. His team is undergoing alelgations of Rape and you come out and say something like that, thats horrible....Shame on him
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Arlo » Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:09 am

Agreed, those comments were simply wrong. Clearly, any words anyone might say take a backseat in light of what happened to Hnida, but that doesn't excuse them (or his half-hearted apology, for that matter). A coach has to know better.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KPucks » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:32 am

The comments were ridiculous because he was asked about her getting raped. What does somepne's football skills have anything to do with being raped? Just because she didn't kick goo it was OK for her to be raped?
KPucks
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to College Football