Mike Williams (WR USC) likely to enter NFL draft... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mike Williams (WR USC) likely to enter NFL draft...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby steelyeri » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:24 am

terpfan wrote:interesting... i was wondering whether he was gonna do this. sucks for usc fans

yes it does. :-t

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby deftdelivery » Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:36 am

so many Williams!

I can't wait to see where these guys end up...gonna be a GREAT draft ;-D
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:41 am

terpfan wrote:interesting... i was wondering whether he was gonna do this. sucks for usc fans

USC is still going to kill us (VT) in August. USC is now in reload mode like Miami is. Just when you think they've lost an irreplaceable player the next guy is even better.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:55 am

record year for Williams........how many will go in the draft this year....Williams that is
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby VHawk15 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:02 pm

This is definitely a great class of players going pro and will make fantasty football rookie drafts that much more interesting.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:36 am

Funny, I don't hear one word about how Williams is risking life and limb going up against the men. Does that just apply to Clarrett? Maybe because we'd like to see him punished for being stupid and changing our beloved sport? This is what I like about the Clarret decision; we know get to see the great talent get to the Pros sooner. Sucks for the NCAA, but they reap what they sow for being such a bunch of hypocrictical pimps.
And BTW, can anyone remember a draft with so many talented WRs? It seems loaded this year. Williams should be the #2 WR taken between 7-10. Would love it if the Lions would grab him at 6th, but that would be smart and totally go against the nature of Matt Millen.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby CC » Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:56 am

Yea that would be crazy Rogers and Mike Williams at the WRs.
Oooh can somebody say:
This years MVP is....
Joey Harrington
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelyeri » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:17 am

[quote=moochman]Funny, I don't hear one word about how Williams is risking life and limb going up against the men. Does that just apply to Clarrett? Maybe because we'd like to see him punished for being stupid and changing our beloved sport? This is what I like about the Clarret decision; we know get to see the great talent get to the Pros sooner. Sucks for the NCAA, but they reap what they sow for being such a bunch of hypocrictical pimps.
[/quote]

yes. very funny. i thought i was the only one who defended clarett here. and i am kinda tired of having that discussion with classmates and co-workers but i do want to say that your comment is very true.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:02 pm

Williams is a beast at his position, much larger than the corners and safeties that will be trying to hit him.

Meanwhile, Clarrett will be going up against Dlinemen and LB's, and couldn't even make it through one season of COLLEGE ball against SMALLER lineman and LB's without missing a handful of games due to injury. Now he will be going up against bigger guy in worse shape (due to his year off). Meanwhile, Williams never missed a play due to injury...

So basically, you've got an injury prone guy that is out of shape and will be getting hit not only MUCH more often, but also by much bigger players, vs. a guy that's never been hurt who plays a position where he'll be getting hit A LOT less by guys who are smaller than him.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Talent

Postby stonecoldbev » Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:45 am

Williams is a "can't miss" prospect. Clarett is a "might have a chance" prospect. I think Williams might go ahead of Larry Fitzgerald because of his speed, but either one should be a fantasy stud.
Stonecoldbev
Team-Just Dominate, Baby!
League-Mixed Up Football League
stonecoldbev
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk