Dolphins have their new QB - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dolphins have their new QB

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:29 am

...At the start of this season, Feeley was the best QB in the NFL according to Philly fans...

He proved he can throw the ball decently when he had a stint last year during McNabb's injury. As long as they have a someone with some experience behind him, this deal sounds fairly low risk for the Dolphins. The passing game is the secondary gameplan for the Dolphins anyway - there's no need to go crazy at the position.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Winning

Postby stonecoldbev » Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:50 am

Well, Feely may not have much fantasy value, but I guess the Dolphins are subscribing to the Baltimore Ravens/Carolina Panthers recipe for success. Great defense, great running game, a QB who manages the game and won't do anything to lose it.
Stonecoldbev
Team-Just Dominate, Baby!
League-Mixed Up Football League
stonecoldbev
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Purple_Pride » Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:42 am

WOW, i am quite shocked by this. with whats going on in Washington im surprised they wouldnt wait to try and make a move on Ramsey. Feely looked good in his 5 games but thats not a lot to judge a QB on. could be a good move but it could mean Fiedler is gonna be back starting again this year.

p.s. didnt they here that Slash was gonna get cut???
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Go Vikes » Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:27 am

awwchrist wrote:Go Ducks!

huh?
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Lushcrush » Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:33 am

Free Bagel wrote:This is textbook dolphins.

When they need help at a key position, rather than pony up and give something up for it, they dabble around with a bunch of semi-mediocre guys and end up wasting not only years, but more picks/trades/money on the endless list of mediocre guys than they would have just getting a big name to start with.

Last time, it was RB. How many picks and cash did they waste on mediocre RB's that never panned out? Terry Kirby, Bernie Parmalee, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Jim Johnson, John Avery, Lamar Smith, etc. before they finally pony'ed up for Ricky.

I don't think Bernie Parmalee belongs in a 'mediocre" RB list. The Fins never used a draft pick for him ... he was a UPS driver and walked on. Mainly a 3rd down back and a great special teams player, I don't think Bernie P. ever made much more than $500,000 in a season.
BP would be more correctly included in a "walk-on makes good" group or "big bang for your buck" player instead of mediocre ...
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby steelyeri » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:10 am

mannubhai wrote:I dont understand the hurry to get A.J Feely.

Why did the dolphins pull the trigger so soon?

Is Feely better than Henson or Ramsey?

Are Dolphins gonna give a 2005 first round pick for Feely? If yes, certainly a bad move.

canadian_cheesehead wrote: I wouldnt say the Dolphins gave up any higher than a 3rd round draft pick for Feeley otherwise they are very foolish. They can now use their 1st rounder to draft an impact WR like Michael Clayton who would be the perfect compliment to Chris Chambers.

i heard on the radio they gave up their 2005 2nd round draft pick.
Last edited by steelyeri on Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Go Vikes » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:13 am

steelyeri wrote:
mannubhai wrote:I dont understand the hurry to get A.J Feely.

Why did the dolphins pull the trigger so soon?

Is Feely better than Henson or Ramsey?

Are Dolphins gonna give a 2005 first round pick for Feely? If yes, certainly a bad move.

[quote=camadian_cheesehead] I wouldnt say the Dolphins gave up any higher than a 3rd round draft pick for Feeley otherwise they are very foolish. They can now use their 1st rounder to draft an impact WR like Michael Clayton who would be the perfect compliment to Chris Chambers.

i heard on the radio they gave up their 2005 2nd round draft pick.[/quote]
Nice signature Steelyeri.

They are stupid if they gave up a second round pick for him.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby steelyeri » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:21 am

go vikes wrote:Nice signature Steelyeri.

thank you

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Purple_Pride » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:27 am

so lets get this straight, the Dolphins wanted Brunell but didnt want to give up the 3rd round pick to get him but they were willing to part with a 2nd rounder to get Feeley?? good move guys. go phins. :-b
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Lushcrush » Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:33 pm

Conditional draft picks or who is getting released or who they didn't get ... whatever. I think the main thing is for the Fins to get a QB who is a threat to move the ball downfield with the pass. After that he hopefully becomes a QB who can actually move the ball downfield.
This might just be the chance a guy like Feeley needs ... a backup becomes the gun like Delhomme did ... and Warner. The free agent market is not ripe with "star" QB's this year with the exception of Manning and in a lesser way Bulger. Feeley is surely a better bet than Jeff Blake, Anthony Wright, Doug Johnson, Mike McMahon, Ty Detmer, Rick Mirer or Shaun King.
My question is ... is Feely a Miami kind of guy? He's an Idaho boy who played at Oregon, then went to Philly for 3 years. Does he even own a pair of Raybans or know anything about bonefishing?
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk