Patrick Ramsey's Agent and the Redskins... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Patrick Ramsey's Agent and the Redskins...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Patrick Ramsey's Agent and the Redskins...

Postby Canacuna » Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:22 am

For openers, Sexton possesses some leverage, since he represents a number of key 'Skins veterans. One of those veterans is left offensive tackle Chris Samuels and, as reported recently by ESPN.com, the Redskins desperately need the four-year pro to rework his contract and provide salary cap relief. Sexton, who has redone Samuels' contract twice in the past, isn't going to be so amenable this time around.

Sexton is also the agent for Minnesota Vikings tight end Jim Kleinsasser, who will become an unrestricted free agent next month, and who is said to be coveted by Gibbs and his coaching staff.

Many Teams Would Be Interested in Ramsey

It's a shame when a players' agent has the potential to alter a teams offseason plans based only on his representation of other players...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:17 am

if i see sexton in a dark alley... :-#
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Purple_Pride » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:19 am

i think Sexton has every right to be pissed. they called Ramsey there starter and then gave a 43 million dollar contract to another QB with nearly a 9 million dollar bonus. IMO sexton should not budge until they trade Ramsey. i hate the skins. frickin snyder.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby steelyeri » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:30 am

Purple_Pride wrote:i think Sexton has every right to be pissed. they called Ramsey there starter and then gave a 43 million dollar contract to another QB with nearly a 9 million dollar bonus. IMO sexton should not budge until they trade Ramsey. i hate the skins. frickin snyder.

i agree. i don't understand why they aren't spending their money on an O-line so that brunell and ramsey wont both get killed. ramsey did a very good job last year, and tim hasselbeck wasn't bad either. qb is the last of their problems and i think the brunell signing was a mistake.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:59 am

steelyeri wrote:
Purple_Pride wrote:i think Sexton has every right to be pissed. they called Ramsey there starter and then gave a 43 million dollar contract to another QB with nearly a 9 million dollar bonus. IMO sexton should not budge until they trade Ramsey. i hate the skins. frickin snyder.

i agree. i don't understand why they aren't spending their money on an O-line so that brunell and ramsey wont both get killed. ramsey did a very good job last year, and tim hasselbeck wasn't bad either. qb is the last of their problems and i think the brunell signing was a mistake.

Second guessing the motives of a hall of fame coach is absurd, this guy knows football, assessing talent and making winning football team, oh and nascar championship teams. An for anyone to say they hate the mighty midget D Snyder well you're just not paying attention. This guy yeah a little pompous with a napolean complex is doing everything in his wallet to help the Gibbs put together a team. The offensive line is good and with Joe Bugle running the new era Hoggs they will be great, the O'line of last year was a fault of sloppy steve's system. Now the D'line needs help. Keep Ramsey, trade Champ, acquire D'angelo Hall and the best D tackle in the Draft and go to the superbowl
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:04 am

I agree they would've been better off spending the money elsewhere, but come on everyone quit whining over Patrick Ramsey's "feelings." NFL QB is a job like anything else, if they can find someone that can do your job better than you, they'll get them. Aww they broke his poor little heart, cry me a river...It would be one thing if Ramsey had been playing for the Skins for 9 years and taken them to 4 super bowls, but he's been on the Skins two years and hasn't even gotten the team close to a winning record. Sure it's not his fault, but they don't owe him anything. How many times have you heard coaches say "he gives us the best chance to win" when referring to why someone got the starting nod at QB? Obviously that's how they feel about Brunell, not Ramsey. Ramsey will get to play either way, he's not being forced into retirement...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:40 pm

Ramsey showed potential last year and it appeared that he was ready to be a starting qb in the league, but now he will be benched. It just seems like they could be denying a good QB for years to come a good chance at developing. Gibbs just wants to win right away, but at his age who can blame him1
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk