Hey Seahawk fans, any truth to the Alexander trade rumor? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hey Seahawk fans, any truth to the Alexander trade rumor?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby awwchrist » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:19 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:this outta be good

it's when you wear all denim.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:42 pm

LOL thats partly true,,,its actually newfies,,which are cdn I guess anyhow East coasters man east coasters. ;-D ;-D
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby The Sandwich » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:51 pm

Talk radio out here in Seattle has been buzzing about this for a few days. I guess the idea came up in the scurry right before having to name your franchize player and what not. The radio guys out here seemed to like the idea. While I have never been a big Shaun (father of heaven) fan, Morris is a step down in talent I think.

My guess is that Shaun isn't going anywhere and I think that is a good thing for Seahawks. People out here don't love Shaun because he isn't a "tough" runner. Doesn't get dirty until he is at the goal line. Ticks people off. Still no reason to put a lesser talent in the backfield.

In a few days the ink will be dry on the Champ to Denver for Portis deal and the hype will go away.

PS Seattle radio guys are the same ones who think taking home town hero R. Williams WR Wash in the first round is a good idea. Jeeze!
:-t
"They're Killing Me Whitey! They're Killing Me"!
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:09 pm

The Sandwich wrote:PS Seattle radio guys are the same ones who think taking home town hero R. Williams WR Wash in the first round is a good idea. Jeeze!
:-t

Who's saying this "Mitch in the Morning"?
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Sandwich » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:39 pm

Pretty sure it was Locke.
"They're Killing Me Whitey! They're Killing Me"!
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Trade Alexander

Postby jkirchgatter » Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:43 pm

Seems to me that the Holmgren system revolves around the QB not the RB. If Edgar Bennett and Dorsey Levens can be the starting RB's for Super Bowl teams, then certainly Maurice Morris could fit the bill.
jkirchgatter

Friendliness: %

Postby SeaWolf » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:11 am

The Sandwich wrote:Pretty sure it was Locke.

Forgot about him. I remember seeing his thing about that on http://www.lockedonsports.com.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:44 pm

if that trade were to happen (bailey for alexander) me being a seahawks fan would love that. I have said right away when bailey was put on the trade block that seattle should trade alexander for him and let maurice morris start at RB. Morris reminds me a lot like deshaun foster and LT. They all are fast, shifty type rinners, can catch great out of the backfield and have big play written all over them. That trade would be awesome and would solve the problem of the seahawks getting beat deep repeatedly.

Friendliness: %

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:38 pm

Anonymous wrote:That trade would be awesome and would solve the problem of the seahawks getting beat deep repeatedly.

Sorry, but no. Bailey is good, but he's no god. One good CB can't prevent any team from getting beat deep. Shaun's a top 6 or 7 RB and it sounds like he's starting to become underrated.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Canacuna » Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:43 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:That trade would be awesome and would solve the problem of the seahawks getting beat deep repeatedly.

Sorry, but no. Bailey is good, but he's no god. One good CB can't prevent any team from getting beat deep. Shaun's a top 6 or 7 RB and it sounds like he's starting to become underrated.

I was about to post the same thing.

If Seattle were to trade Shaun Alexander, I doubt it would be for cornerback help. The Seahawks are starting to develop some talented cornerbacks in Marcus Trufant and Ken Lucas.

Their main concern has got to be on the defensive line, which is terrible.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk