If Clinton Portis becomes a Redskin, where do you rank him? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

If Clinton Portis becomes a Redskin, where do you rank him?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: If Clinton Portis becomes a Redskin, where do you rank him?

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:30 pm

The Lung wrote:
terpfan wrote:
The Lung wrote:Washington's offensive line sucks. The addition of Joe Gibbs, Joe Bugel and the rest of Gibbs' staff isn't going to do much to change that.

wow what an unbelievably wrong statement... anyway...

i think portis would do well in the gibbs system and id love to have him. i would drop him out of hte top 5, somewhere from 6-8. id be happy to get him 10th overall if he does go to washington! :-D

Didn't anyone ever teach you that there are no such thing as "wrong" statements?

Why would you say that my statement was "wrong," but then not give any reasons why you feel that way?

How many times did Ramsey get sacked last year and for how many yards? Don't you think those sacks had something to do with his injuries?

Where did Washington fall in terms of rushing yardage last year? Yards per carry? Rushing touchdowns? Rushing first downs?

Was the above by-products of the Spurrier system or the shortcomings of the offensive lineman themselves? What guarantees do you have that the O-line will be any better with Gibbs, who has been out of football for how many years, at the helm?

this isn't last year, these arent' the same coach's and if you think that coachs don't make difference just tune next season, lack of discipline, comraderie between players and coachs, poor play calling ramsey held the ball too long chris samuels was hanging with wu tang working on his rap career, i gurantee all this disappears next season, Joe Bugel will make a huge difference with that O'line now that is a true statement!!!!
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:43 pm

I think(and since I have Portis in the KKL, hope) that the 'Skins O-Line is being underrated here. They have a Pro-Bowler in Chris Samuels and they now have a new coaching staff. Sure, they gave up lots of sacks but Ramsey isn't the most mobile QB and with Spurrier's offense, they passed a whole lot. And with the RB's they had to work with, you can't really expect much from the running game.

So, I'll be quoted as saying that Portis' stats won't go down if he becomes a Redskin and they might even go up a little. Of course, this opinion probably has a lot to do with the fact that I have Portis in my keeper league.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby NittanyLions » Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:46 pm

i think its hard to tell right now...its a new coach...the offense will look different...and who know what will happen, but id say portis doesnt do quite as well as in denver, but i wouldnt look for a BIG change.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:11 pm

Is it just me or does Washington stand to run into some cap troubles in the near future? Seems to me they signed alot of big name guys to big contracts. Is it the way they structure the contracts that they are avoiding cap problems, are they going to run into cap problems soon or am I just daydreaming?
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby CC » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:25 pm

yea that sounds pretty logical, i don't see how they can keep spending (or throwing away in some cases) money
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jdogg_ffc » Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:41 pm

Washingtons line is not as good period!!!!!!!!!!!
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:25 pm

He stays right where he is at pick #4. If any fools in a redraft want to let him fall to the end of the first round, that's on them. Portis will show you guys that it's not all about the o-line in Denver.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bigrock » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:54 am

Hey,just everybody chill.....have a drink.Ifn Portis goes to the 'Skins it will no doubt be a blockbuster.....BUT he hasnt been traded yet!
every beer is a new adventure
bigrock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Buckychudd » Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:53 am

bigrock wrote:Hey,just everybody chill.....have a drink.Ifn Portis goes to the 'Skins it will no doubt be a blockbuster.....BUT he hasnt been traded yet!

Dude, chill......it's the offseason, we got nothing better to do.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby ABC » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:27 am

Looks like the deal is getting closer and closer to being finalized.

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,141 ... 50,00.html

I have him on my keeper team and am confident his production won't have a dramtic drop off. If I had to redraft, I'd still list him as a top 5 back.

We'll know soon enough if he's a redskin.
ABC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk