Postby Canadian Seahawk » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:02 pm

Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Roseman » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:20 pm

Sounds like this deal is pretty much done it is just waiting for the teams to sign the players to new contracts.
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby Gunslinger » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:24 pm

My head is hurting trying to comprehend this trade. :*)
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Buckychudd » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:36 pm

Gunslinger wrote:My head is hurting trying to comprehend this trade. :*)

Yeah, as I Broncos fan, I have to wonder if Shannahan is getting a little arrogant thinking he can plug any RB into his system and win.....I think he might be overstepping with this one.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:38 pm

well we got to see Quetin a weeeee bit last year what are everyones thoughts????????? remember Portis was this same guy 2 years ago ;-D I like this move for Denver
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Lushcrush » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:51 pm

This whole deal is kinda crazy. The Skins are making one good move after another ...
I liked Griffin (or as Shannon Sharpe calls him ... Q-Tip) in the games he played. Reminds you of Barry YouKnowWho in a way.

Here is some stuff from Sportsline that kind of sums him up at this point:
Positives: Powerfully built, compact runner with good hands and pass-catching ability... Very effective between-the-tackles back who has that suddenness to plant and drive...Has good instincts in the open and will lower his pads downfield to get that extra yardage... Quick turning the corner, taking proper angles down the sidelines...His ability to change gears in an instant leaves the unsuspecting defenders grabbing at air...Gets into his routes quickly, showing fine turn-&-run action after the catch...Aggressive blocker, despite his size.

Negatives: While he has great open field acceleration, he tends to take his time getting in gear...Has good linear quickness, but does not show that lateral agility to redirect when the rush lanes are clogged...Needs to secure the ball better, as he tends to get a little careless upfield, swinging his arms to gain acceleration, but the result is that he leaves the ball exposed and a high amount of fumbles...Has problems spotting the running lanes at times, resulting in his inability to consistently break it loose...Has smaller than ideal hands...Needs to improve his concentration as a receiver, as he will drop a few easily catchable balls.

I could easily be a Q-Tip fan with what I've seen of him. ;-D
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:54 pm

If this goes through and he becomes the feature in Denver, he'll be a suitable #2 fantasy back for most people I would say, assuming the "every RB from Denver is awesome" theory continues.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:59 pm

Ya know, I actually said something about this, here...as much as I don't like it I don't think it was that bad of a deal. I don't think Griffin will rush for 1500 like Portis did but he should do fine in the system. But still, as an owner of Portis, I seriously question the Washington offensive line.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Sakrafyce » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:21 pm

As a Seminole fan, and having seeing what Clinton Portis could do. I immediately drafted him in my Dynasty League. Needless to say i've been very happy. This is a guy who has started about 12 games a season and gets 1,500 yards. He is pure stud, while I think moving to Washington will hurt a little bit. I still love the kid and think he still get 1,500 yards this season. At least I hope, cause he and Moss are my franchise.
Sakrafyce
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:57 pm

oh man i hate to see this happen as this is really my only RB in one of my keeper leagues :*)

although...its not a bad trade for each team...im not convinced gibbs is doing EVERYTHING right..with the whole ramsey thing...but if they grab this trade, a TE, and a lineman somewhere too...
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk