Broncos...whats going on? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Broncos...whats going on?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby steelyeri » Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:30 am

what does height have to do with how durable you are? that doesn't sound like logical reasoning to me. if anything shorter backs have an advantage in a lower center of gravity, which allows for quicker changes in direction. and it can be easier to get big hits on taller backs (that's why coaches always advise rbs to "stay low")

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dihall » Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:30 am

I am equally amazed at this developement! 8-o I can't believe they would let Portis go for Bailey. I would say though that those skeptical of Washington, I think Gibbs has done great things in the past and I don't doubt at all that he has some great plan. I'm sure Shannahan does to, but why let that go. Maybe those contract talks earlier this winter did some damage. Don't quite know what he is thinking, but I wouldn't doubt his potential for production in Washington. JMO!
Don't ever underestimate the girls!!

Let's go DAWGS!!
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:36 am

An interesting thing of note: Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Clinton Portis, Quentin Griffin...

If Griffin gets the starting nod he'll be arguably the biggest name to get the job (before they get the job of course). No one had ever heard of Gary or Anderson and they flourished in Denver, then you take Portis, a guy that people actually had some anticipation for, and plug him in and he puts up insane numbers. Now Griffin, arguably the most noteworthy of the four PRIOR to getting the job, so he could definitely flourish.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Jones

Postby stonecoldbev » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:53 am

Greg Jones will be a bust.
Stonecoldbev
Team-Just Dominate, Baby!
League-Mixed Up Football League
stonecoldbev