T.O. to the JETS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

T.O. to the JETS

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:46 am

Amazing.

In some of my private IM's with Vhawk, I've mentioned a few times I don't think Santana Moss is a true #1 and they should get a real #1 to really show off Moss's strengths. It seems like the folks in NJ agree with me. They'd be creating a 2002 Eric Moulds/Peerless Price situation with the Jets. Moss would kill most DBs when he was single covered with a T.O. opposite him. With a QB like Pennington, I don't think T.O. can really complain about good passing. Should be a win/win/win/win situation for Pennington/Moss/T.O./Martin.

Heck, maybe Jonathan Carter becomes a viable #4 in deeper 3-WR leagues. He had VERY limited action last year, but the that game against Indianapolis, he looked just as fast if not faster than Moss.
Last edited by KingGhidra on Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:23 pm

KingGhidra wrote:Amazing.

In some of my private IM's with Vhawk, I've mentioned a few times I don't think Santana Moss is a true #1 and they should get a real #1 to really show of Moss's strengths. It seems like the folks in NJ agree with me. They'd be creating a 2002 Eric Moulds/Peerless Price situation with the Jets. Moss would kill most DBs when he was single covered with a T.O. opposite him. With a QB like Pennington, I don't think T.O. can really complain about good passing. Should be a win/win/win/win situation for Pennington/Moss/T.O./Martin.

Agreed.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby 9er Fan » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:37 pm

Moss had 1100 yards and 10 TDs last year. People really think he'll improve on these numbers with TO there? How many WR that are not the #1 receiver on their team are worthy #1 fantasy WRs? How many are viable fantasy starters?

Peter Warrick, Justin McCareins, and Reggie Wayne were the best #2s, and all put up comparable stats last year (800ish yards and 7 TDs). Those seem like reasonable projections to me for Moss next year if TO is in town.

For Moss to improve on last year's numbers with TO in town, Penny would have to challenge the all time passing record (ala Blesoe/Gannon a couple years ago) IMO.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:49 pm

9er Fan wrote:
For Moss to improve on last year's numbers with TO in town, Penny would have to challenge the all time passing record (ala Blesoe/Gannon a couple years ago) IMO.

One overlooked duo of 2002 was Pittsburgh's Hines Ward and Plaxico Burress. Between them they had 2700 yards and 19 TDs. Their combo was actually slightly better than Moulds/Price who combined for 2600 yards and 19 TDs.

If Ward and Burress can accomplish that with Maddox throwing them the ball, it's very possible T.O. & Moss could with Pennington who we'd all agree is a better QB than Maddox. The only real barrier to a huge 2004 passing attack in NJ is the offensive scheme. T.O. & Moss owners can just hope Herm decides to air the ball out early and often.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:19 pm

9er Fan wrote:Moss had 1100 yards and 10 TDs last year. People really think he'll improve on these numbers with TO there? How many WR that are not the #1 receiver on their team are worthy #1 fantasy WRs? How many are viable fantasy starters?

Peter Warrick, Justin McCareins, and Reggie Wayne were the best #2s, and all put up comparable stats last year (800ish yards and 7 TDs). Those seem like reasonable projections to me for Moss next year if TO is in town.

I agree.

The best WR duos in recent years were Ward/Burress and Moulds/Price. Moss had 1100/10 this this year starting only the last 2/3rds of the season. Even the lower half of the best duos didn't put up significantly better numbers than this. Add into the fact that Moss was the #3 WR for a good portion of the year and a full season of being the #1 projects even better..
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby The Sandwich » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:41 pm

This is awesome. I am targeting Penny for my first round pick in a 12 team 6 man keeper league. Only one guy ahead of me has need for a QB and I have the 7th pick. He would be a serious upgrade for me.

I think, Penny's stock goes up a little. I think TO's stays the same. Moss is about the same to but not if you are only in a scoring league. His TD's will go down from previous projections I think. He will still get decent yardage, maybe even more with double coverage on TO. TO will remain the scoring threat though.

One effect not yet mentioned is that the D might have better #'s. The more the O hangs onto the ball the less yardage and scoring against the D.

Micht even open up some lanes for C. Mart. ;-D
"They're Killing Me Whitey! They're Killing Me"!
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:59 pm

We might want to hold back on some of these predictions until the trade is actually made, because I don't think it will be.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby T-DIDDY » Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:34 pm

What a dumb F$@#!!!

Feb. 26 Foxsports.com reports that Terrell Owens (WR) SF is not a free agent because he missed the deadline to file the necessary paperwork with the 49ers and the NFL's management council in order to void the final three years of his contract. If true, the 49ers will likely immediately begin to solicit trade offers for Owens.
T-DIDDY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bearbelly » Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:46 pm

I heard the same report. It said his agent did not file the proper paperwork for him to void his contract with the niners. He now has 3 years left on that deal. OUCH!
bearbelly
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Purple_Pride » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:53 pm

apparently his contract states that all such paper work must be submitted my March 3rd but due to the CBA as of 2001 all paper work must be submitted before the deadline to franchise players.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk