D'Cutt Not a FA - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

D'Cutt Not a FA

Moderator: Football Moderators

D'Cutt Not a FA

Postby slowkidz » Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:53 am

The boy was thinking he was in for a Huge Payday with another team...however, his agent kinda messed that up for him. Sounds to me like someone just lost their job...

According to reports this evening on Cleveland radio, Browns WR Dennis Northcutt will remain bound to the team through the 2006 season.

WTAM's Mike Trivassano told listeners tonight that Northcutt's agent failed to file the appropriate paperwork with the NFL to enable the receiver to void the final three years of his deal with the Browns.

Northcutt signed a six-year contract with the Browns in 2000, when he was the initial pick in the second round of the draft. His contract called for a $1.53 million signing bonus and salaries which gradually increased each year. The final three years of the contract, however, were voidable if Northcutt attained certain performance targets.

---

Northcutt was expected to be in high demand as a free agent and could potentially lose millions of dollars if he is unable to void the final three years. The Kansas City Cheifs, among other teams, were expected to vie for Northcutt's services.

No Agency for Northcutt?
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Roseman » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:17 am

ooooooppppppppppsssssssss!!!!!
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby DUKE » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:41 am

Wow, that agent may have screwed him. Maybe he should look up Master P's number :-b
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:03 am

dum dumbs
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:02 pm

DUKE wrote:Wow, that agent may have screwed him. Maybe he should look up Master P's number :-b

Is he still representing Ricky Williams? Last I heard P filed for bankruptcy, so he might need the extra cash another player brings in...

The bias on this board is funny sometimes. In a similar post about a player not filing for free agency in time (Owens), he's called an idiot and gets all the blame. In this post, all the blame was assigned to the agent for screwing over Northcutt.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:53 pm

2 in one day... unbelievable. 8-o
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:17 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
DUKE wrote:Wow, that agent may have screwed him. Maybe he should look up Master P's number :-b

Is he still representing Ricky Williams? Last I heard P filed for bankruptcy, so he might need the extra cash another player brings in...

The bias on this board is funny sometimes. In a similar post about a player not filing for free agency in time (Owens), he's called an idiot and gets all the blame. In this post, all the blame was assigned to the agent for screwing over Northcutt.

I agree, seems like Northcutt was the bigger of the 2 idiots, TO's deal seems possibly more calculated given his history of late with the 9ers
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby koffeeboy » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:41 pm

Same thing happened in the NBA. Agent filled paperwork to exercise option late and Anthony Carter (then Miami Heat, now SA Spurs) got boned out of a few million. The Heat cut him, he signed is a better situation in SA... AND... his agency wrote him a check for the difference with an apology letter!

Now that's class.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:40 pm

koffeeboy wrote:Same thing happened in the NBA. Agent filled paperwork to exercise option late and Anthony Carter (then Miami Heat, now SA Spurs) got boned out of a few million. The Heat cut him, he signed is a better situation in SA... AND... his agency wrote him a check for the difference with an apology letter!

Now that's class.

Can you imagine someone handing you a check that said
Pay to the order of <Insert Name> $1,000,000.00

I'd go into the bank with the hottest tellers when I made that deposit.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk