T.O. A proven idiot - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

T.O. A proven idiot

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby koffeeboy » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:46 pm

Ravens. Eagles. Jets. Dolphins. Raiders.

We have all heard the rumors...

I bet when all is said and done... He stays right where he has been. In SF. I bet the 49ers let Garcia go, even though they'd only save something around 1.7 million by releasing him, elevate Rattay for 2004, groom Dorsey for 2005 and maybe look to a Jeff Blake type as a 1 year fit.

I wouldn't put money on Owens staying in Frisco... But I wouldn't put money on him leaving either.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: T.O. A proven idiot

Postby Roseman » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:37 pm

bungle613 wrote: Good job boys. You are a star in all our eyes! Send him to the CFL.

You say it like it is some kind of punishment!!!!
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Re: T.O. A proven idiot

Postby Football Newbie » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:53 pm

Roseman wrote:
bungle613 wrote: Good job boys. You are a star in all our eyes! Send him to the CFL.

You say it like it is some kind of punishment!!!!

thats because it is ;-D
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Homeless » Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:28 pm

Its hysterical ! what good is an agent if he cant get this simple thing done.

David Joseph might want to think about a new line of work. According to published reports, Joseph, the agent of 49ers' wide receiver Terrell Owens, failed to send in the necessary paperwork by February 21 to void the last three years of the Pro Bowler's contract. Pending a grievance hearing, Owens will not be a free agent until after the 2006 season.

We're not sure who is going to be more displeased with this blunder - Owens, the 49ers, or the Bay Area media. The cap-strapped 49ers now have Owens signed on for three more seasons, albeit at a relatively cheap price, and it will likely keep the team from filling other gaps this offseason. With Owens returning, the 49ers may also want to sever ties with Jeff Garcia, who doesn't have the best rapport with Terrell these days. Meanwhile, the teams positioning themselves to make a run at Owens may now have to refigure their offseason game plans, and Darrell Jackson has very little competition as the top free agent receiver on the market.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby moochman » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:38 am

I wonder how long it will take TO to pull his Sharpie out and write You're fired! on a football for Joseph. What a dork! He is saying that they did get the paperwork in, but the niners and the league say no. Great news for SF. They can trade him for more value or to a team that blows so he doesn't come back to haunt them, or they get to keep an elite WR. Bet Garcia isn't sleeping too well tonight.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby dayja » Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:19 am

In an AP story dated yesterday, the situation was created by a change in the deadline date.

Owens was among several players required to file by a new deadline, which recently was moved up 10 days for players who signed their contracts before the league's 2001 collective bargaining agreement went into effect.

Also, T.O.'s agent said paperwork was filed, it was just a matter of it being valid.

We voided the contract. There's an issue now as to whether or not the void was effective,' Joseph said.

There are just too many question marks for this to be the end of it. If the contract had to be voided on a shortened timetable, there has to be some kind of loophole. I don't think the deadline was missed on purpose either. That would lower T.O.'s stock with most teams considering they would have to put up with the attitude, the salary, and having to give up draft picks in compensation to the 9ers. Baltimore already is missing their first round pick this year which they gave up to get Boller. I can't imagine them giving up any more for a headache like Owens.

The story can be found HERE
dayja
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle Eye

Postby slowkidz » Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:04 am

TO's agent and D.Cutt's agent must work together. How hard is it to file some paperwork? "Oh...it was uh...moved up 10 days and I didn't have time to do it and uh...then my dog...well...he kinda...ummmm...ate the paperwork so I took him to the vet...and...ummm...uhhh...i didn't have the right paperwork for the worm shots and ummm..."

Please. It's your job to do this. You had ample time and notice. Get off your lazy behind and do something for a change! geesh... :-t
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby NFLknowitall » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:06 am

I would love to get a copy of the tape recording between Owens and his agent. With Owens temper that would be priceless to hear. Speaking of priceless.

Being and NFL Top WR: worth millions in endorsments.
Being a FA Top WR: worth 15 million signing bonus.

Forgetting to turn in the paperwork on time: Priceless.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bungle613 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:09 pm

Looks like to me he gets what he wants and gets a cheap shot at the 9ers owners. They get an upgrade from 3rd round pick to whatever but end up having to pay more in the long run[/quote]

He is an idiot simply because of this. HE loses the right to choose where he is going. Now, if I were the niners I would absolutely trade him to a CFL team and eat the whole contract or assign him to NFL Europe. If it is a truth that TO is playng games then play right back. Personally I would have loved to have been a player/coach on the Boys during his dancing star stunt. I would have ended his career right then and there. A complete punk.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CC » Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:47 pm

Yea I'm sure you could have ended TO's career. You'd prolly break him in half eh? No way he's as strong as you. Even if you tried to run he'd hunt you down and rip you apart. Please.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk