Jets have a NEW QB - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jets have a NEW QB

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:36 pm

Man they need to get off Ricky Ray up here in Canada. I mean, yes he is good, but he definetly isn't as good as everybody says up here. I was watching a CFL game during the year, and the whole game the announcers kept comparing him to Joe Montana. I mean, I'm too young to have seen Montana play, but I think I can put money down that Ricky Ray is no where near as good as Joe Montana.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:21 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Man they need to get off Ricky Ray up here in Canada. I mean, yes he is good, but he definetly isn't as good as everybody says up here. I was watching a CFL game during the year, and the whole game the announcers kept comparing him to Joe Montana. I mean, I'm too young to have seen Montana play, but I think I can put money down that Ricky Ray is no where near as good as Joe Montana.

they may have meant style and not ability... but ive never seen ricky play so i wouldnt know.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mikehunt » Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:53 am

The canadian Cheesehead is right. For what it is worth Don't believe the hype around this guy. I am canadian and yes I am not a cfl fan. You have to remeber we get the outcast of football society. Albert Connell was up here last year and dude's like that. pratice squad in the Nfl can beet a startingline up here. lol well it would be a good fight. Anyhow to get to the point. This guy might sit well on a third string and maybe after time be able to fill in like Feely or tim Rattey but don't expect huge this from him...... And there is no way in H*** he is near style or abilty or shoe size to Joe Mo

mike
mikehunt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:41 am

I'm surprised that he ends up in NY. Thought maybe a GB or Buffalo might take a chance. Does this mean the Jets think that Penny is injury prone, because his numbers speak for themself. If he is healthy I don't see Ricky Ray ever getting to start. Sucks, would like to see players get a chance to play, even a sandlot player like RR.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby converge241 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:20 am

"Well he's gonna have to trump Brooks Bollinger for the 2 spot."

thats done as soon as the two step on the field IMO
Black and Gold through and through
The Six Time Super Bowl CHAMPIONS
converge241
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous