Better End of the Deal? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Better End of the Deal?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:48 pm

I probably watched around 3 Redskins games this year, and you obviously would know more about the team than me. However, Champ is still a great corner and will probably be even better in Denver with Pryce and possibly Berry putting pressure on the QB. This is a win-win trade for both teams, but because of the second round pick, I consider Denver to have gotten the better end. In my opinion, Washington without a 2nd or 3rd round pick, should deal their 5th pick to Houston for their 10th and a 3rd. This would allow Houston to nab Sean Taylor and give the Redskins a pretty good shot at Kenechi Udeze.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:04 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I probably watched around 3 Redskins games this year, and you obviously would know more about the team than me. However, Champ is still a great corner and will probably be even better in Denver with Pryce and possibly Berry putting pressure on the QB. This is a win-win trade for both teams, but because of the second round pick, I consider Denver to have gotten the better end. In my opinion, Washington without a 2nd or 3rd round pick, should deal their 5th pick to Houston for their 10th and a 3rd. This would allow Houston to nab Sean Taylor and give the Redskins a pretty good shot at Kenechi Udeze.

fair enough. i agree on trading down. if we could land a guy like udeze or will smith and an extra pick or two id be very happy. sean taylor sure is tempting tho... :-)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:15 am

Aren't the skins down to like 3 picks this year now?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:29 am

Canadian Seahawk wrote:
9er Fan wrote:The list of stud RBs in the NFL drafted outside the 1st round is long and distinguished. It's much harder to find a shutdown corner.

Broncos win this one,,,,1. because of the above mentioned......2 can they continue success with "any" rb they use???? that will be the determining factor. oh yeah the 2nd rounder is a nice touch aswell ;-D

I agree completely with CHawk. As long as their O-line keeps rolling, they can run with anyone. Griffin should be able to carry the load this year. If he gets hurt, I'm sure Mike Anderson could do a good job - providing he doesn't busted again :-D. Getting Bailey is huge for their defense, plus they should get another solid player with that second round pick.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:26 am

4. I think Denver will win the Champ Bailey-Clinton Portis deal.

5. I think the reason Denver comes out ahead is not only because it's harder to find a shutdown corner than it is to find a 1,400-yard back. (You can look it up. In Mike Shanahan's nine seasons at the helm, in six season the Broncos have had a back gain more than 1,400 in a season -- Terrell Davis three times, Mike Anderson once, Portis twice. But the other reason is that Washington is also handing over a second-round pick in the deal. Why? The Redskins are basically trading one of the three best corners in football, a guy who is 25 years old, PLUS the 42nd pick in the draft for one of the five best backs in football. Shanahan has had four different backs who posted 1,000-yard seasons during his tenure, and none were players who were drafted in the first round. He'll make another one out of Quentin Griffin, the kid from Oklahoma taken in the fourth round last year. And Shanahan will now have three picks in the top 55 (24, 42, 55) to fortify some of his team's aging spots. It's funny. The Redskins could have sat there and done nothing with Bailey. They could have not worked the deal with Denver, waited until someone signed the corner, then almost certainly gotten a first-round pick from someone as compensation. That would have left Washington with three picks in the top 42, at manageable rookie cap prices. Now they have one pick in the top 100. How long is Joe Gibbs staying? Two years?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/w ... index.html

sound familar Roseman
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby terpfan » Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:22 am

btw i dont believe in the denver rb thing. i think shanahan is making a big mistake if that is what hes counting on..
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk