Keeper Rules - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Keeper Rules

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper Rules

Postby Sakrafyce » Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:18 pm

Hey guys, I would really love if ya'll could show me your keeper league rules if your in a Keeper League. Looks like my league wants to go Keeper, and I need to come up with the rules.
Sakrafyce
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Plindsey88 » Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:23 pm

Here is a link to our keeper league forum here at the cafe.... Read the announcements and sticky's at the top of the page.... They sould tell you everything you need to know...

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... m.php?f=88

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sakrafyce » Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:26 pm

A fellow Nole, thanks. But it doesn't have anything on how ya'll do keepers, transactions, waivers, etc.
Sakrafyce
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Plindsey88 » Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:37 pm

Damn... I thought we had this posted:

1.Drafting- First and foremost, the inaugural season will have a message board draft. After the first season, draft order will be determined by the final standings from year 1. The 10th place team will have 1st pick, 9th place will have the 2nd pick, and so on.

2.Determining Keepers- Secondly, there will be no keeper players determined until after the first season is over. After year 1 is over, each team will choose 3 players to tag as keepers. You must maintain 3 keepers at all times and you may submit your keepers by posting them on the message board OF THIS SITE! The deadline to do this is Valentine's Day.

3. Trading- Trading can be done year round, however, after Valentine's Day, all your roster will consist of are your keepers and your draft pick. Draft picks may be involved in trades, but you must trade draft pick for draft pick.

Off season trades will be posted by BOTH parties on the message board of this site. After 24-48 hrs, provided there are no objections from the league, I will post approval of the trade on the message board and the trade will be processed.

4. Veto Process- Trade veto's will be determined by a majority vote from the league. In order for your vote to be counted, you must post a message on the Yahoo league board OR group messge board during the offseason titled "Vote". All votes to veto must have "Vote" in the subject line and you must explain why you want the trade vetoed. Failure to follow these guidelines will result in your vote not being counted. E-mail’s to the commish requesting a veto will NOT be counted.

5. Dismantling of teams towards the end of the season, in order to move up in the draft, is not allowed and will result in loss of ownership permanently.

6. At the end of each season, I will evaluate team owners on their activity, and changes will be made accordingly.

7. Settings and Rule Changes- If you have suggestions for revisions to these rules, post a message on the Message Board OF THIS SITE! Any changes to the rules will go into affect the following season. All suggestions should be made by Valentine's Day, and will be subject to a league vote.

8. Death/Retirement Rule- In the event of an untimely death or retirement to someone's keeper, the owner will choose another player from their previous year's roster to become a keeper. Final rosters will be posted on this site at the end of the season. This is the ONLY situation that I will allow teams to change keepers after Super Bowl Sunday!

(9. We follow standard Yahoo! waiver wire procedure during the season....)

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bmill16 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:54 am

We do an auction league now in which each year you keep somebody there salary increases by 1 mill the 1st yr , 2 the 2nd with a 25 mill cap so after keeping somebody for 3 years you are paying them an extra 6 mill and usually throw them back in the talent pool so there are always some top players out there.

We originally had a keeper draft and to keep the draft interesting your keepers would cost you the draft pick ahead of where you got them last year. So you could not keep a 1st rounder and if you kept a second rounder it would cost you your first. This keeps studs out there but rewards the owners who grab a Portis in the 5-6 round like a couple of years ago. They would only be losing a 3rd rounder this year to keep him.
bmill16
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby springfield atoms » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:40 pm

here is a brief summary of our rules:

we have 30 player rosters (use IDPs) and have a $30 salary cap....you could use whatever $ amounts fit your league.

we have a minimum player contract of .25.

to start it from scratch, the original draft was an auction. bids in increments of .25 with the only stipulation that you must fill out your roster with 30 players...so you could have 29 players at the minimum and 1 player at the rest.

the winning bidder got the player at that price for three seasons.

after three seasons, you either had to give the player an extention to the franchise rate at his position, or put him back in the pool.

the franchise rate is based on the average of the highest paid players at each position. since we are a 12 team league, we use the top 12 highest paid at RB & WR (as well as defensive pos where were start two folks) and top 6 at QB, TE and K.

ok, for example....my team drafted duece mccallister three years ago at $1.50 when he was the backup to ricky.

i kept him for three years, this year i either have to give him $4.30 or put him back into the pool.

just some other asides, in season free agents (we limit the number of those) are .50 and we have a rookie draft, where the salaries are based on a percentage of the franchise rate.....

we found that rookie salaries were inflated (our league expanded as well) and also figured the rookie draft would add fun to the league.
geaux atoms!
homer jay simpson
springfield football atoms
springfield atoms
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk